1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 gold forearm help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tyrone Biggums, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

I have a beretta 682 gold that the forearm has cracked. Just wondering if there is any way to repair it or if it will need to be replaced. The stock is lighter than most I've seen so I don't know how easy it would be to match a new forearm or if I'll have to replace the stock as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Most "fresh" cracks can be repaired and be almost invisible. You didn't say where the crack was located, but most times you can attack them from the inside of the forend wood.

Cutting a "V" along the crack from the inside and applying Acra-glas so that it seeps through to the outside. You may or may not need to clamp it. It depends it the crack springs open or closed. Be sure the "V" is filled.

You do want to allow a very small raised bead to be visible on the outside of the crack. Once the Agra-glas hardens, you can use 600grit or finer wet/dry paper to work the bead down to the original finish.

Doug

3. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

The crack is not new and was on the gun when I bought it. It supposedly had been repaired and shot for the last few years like it is. It's cracked in the center just above the receiver. It seems to be a little more loose than when I got the gun so I'm looking for some fix options. Maybe if it's already been repaired I should look for a new one.

4. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Tron, In Michigan can fix it. He wont be hard to find just check the fourm lots of good comments.

5. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Tyrone,

There seems to be a number of stocks listed on this board right now so now is probably your best time to replace it or buy a backup.

I would just search the "WTS" listings and check a few dealers since it does concern you enough to post.

Good Luck,
    TNCoach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.