1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Gold E

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ML, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ML

ML Member

I have noticed several 682 Gold E's on this forum for sale. Is there a problem with them? Are they not a holding up, is fit and finish not great, do they not pattern well, or are the barrels not regulated properly. All opinions are welcome and appreciated.

Regards

M.L.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ml, lots of Perazzi's too. Nothing wrong with them great guns. Will take you as far as your willing to go.

Jim chapman

Hell Michigan

Home of Screams Ice Cream.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I shoot a Beretta 682 Gold E Trap and have for over two years now. I have had absolutely no problems with it. Gun still locks up tight and patterns very nicely. Only issue i'm aware of is with the Beretta Memory System in the stock for comb adjustment. Its basically cheap plastic junk. I changed mine out with the Graco replacement. Its a DIY project and drops right in to replace the factory system for less than $100. The Beretta 682 Gold E Trap is a true competition Trap gun and should last 10's of thousands of rounds with no problems.
    grntitan_2009_2503228.jpg

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

They are wonderful trap guns, I've had several and have a 682x right now. A large percentage of trap shooters, myself included, enjoy trying out new guns almost as much as shooting. Not a good thing to do if you want to shoot consistent scores but it's fun to chase that perfect shotgun.

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

The 682 is a great gun. There are just a lot of them out there. Being that we are Trap shooters, we have to change guns every so often or we don't feel right. That's why you see them for sale.

I have to disagree with the comment on the Memory System comb adjusting hardware. I have used it and find it to be robust and easy to use. It has far more adjustment range than ordinary comb hardware. I think it's more of a thing about it being polymer than it not working.

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

There is nothing wrong with a Beretta Gold E. I have one and it been flawless.
    What I think is happening. People are looking for a new gun for next trap season because it just ended.
    Or the economy has got to some people and selling the guns to pay some bills.
    If that so it would be a good time to pick up a great gun for a very good price.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The Beretta Memory system is notorious for cracking the combs. When loosening the comb screws they can accidentally be backed out too far thus causing the internal plate to put undo stress on the comb and cracking it. There is no way of knowing you have went too far until its too late. I have seen several suffer from this. I opted to replace mine before the issue happened. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with the way it adjusts.

8. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Got my Beretta 682 Gold E Combo in February of 2002, had an Allem's roller release put in in 08.

This is a great gun for a the money. Recently one side of the locking bolt broke, had it replaced at Allen's. You can expect over the years something to go wrong with any gun.

The gun has and is serving me very well having fire approximately 165,000+ rounds through it. I can certainly recommend this gun.

Frank

9. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Beretta Gold E or any Beretta 682's are Great guns, I have personally owned ( at one time or another ) all of the High grade guns, Perazzi, Kolar, Seitz, KX5-Kriegoff,Lutic, 90T, and More, No I own and shoot two Beretta 682 Gold E combo's, yes Two I like My Gold E so much that I bought another just for backup which I wont probaly ever need, I also still own a perazzi but I prefer to shoot the Berettas. so there you have it.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

as an addendum. I once owned and shot a 682, not E. As a left hander, I had a problem moving the barrel selector when opening the action.

for trap, you could have this pinned. For sporting clays, this was a problem.

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The gold E barrels feel a lot different and I would say a lot better

Heck of a gun

Not sure if there is a better gun for the money

Many improvements over the earlier 682s which are known for stout

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. njuliano

njuliano Member

I have been shooting a 682 Gold E combo (unsingle / ou) for about 2 years now. I have had no problems with the gun at all. It has shot accurate and reliable for many thousands (30,000 +) of rounds so far. This year I broke a few 100's and one 200 straight with it. The comb hardware is not the best but does work. Eventually, I replaced the trigger with a Allem's Roller Release (do to my flintching) , added a Soft Touch recoil system (which replaces the comb HW) and 100 Straight butt plate adjuster, all are excellent products and highly recommended.

Good Luck - Nick

13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I have a Joel Etchens Special same internals and barrels as 682. I love the gun shot over 100 straight with it this spring and it would take alot of cash to get it away from me, even tho I just picked up a Krieghoff KX5 the Beretta will always be my goto gun!!!

Jerry lewis

14. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

I have shot Berettas for over 40yrs shot them as a kid and still shoot them
    today great gun also had Kreighoff and Perazzi but my go to gun is my Beretta
    but it is nice to own them all resale on Perazzi and Kreighoffs are better
    then the Beretta Thanks John

15. leadvail

leadvail Member

My wife and I have 5 and they aren't for sale. Bad thing about them is that if you own one, your going to shoot it alot and will spend a fortune in ammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
682x gold trap

beretta 682 gold e

beretta 682 gold e trap

beretta 682 gold e trap gun for sporting clays
beretta 682 gold trap
beretta 686 gold e

beretta 686 gold e trap

beretta 68e gold e