1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 extractor?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Th O/U barrel on my combo has ejectors that work very well. The Over Single seems to be set to extract. However, they don't and I have to pry them out with my finger nail. They are NOT difficult to get out unless I'm wearing gloves.

The gun performs well and I don't detect any issues other than this.

I'm planning to take the combo to the Grand this summer and have Beretta do a complete check and maintenance service. Until then, is there something I can do myself to get the extractor working better - or even get the ejector working?

Larry Frieders |

Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |

340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

Larry

I usually have Phillip go through my 682 at the Grand great work and a good price.

Shawn

3. archangel

archangel Member

Larry it could be that the extractor spring has been cut down so it would not eject the shell if it is it is a real easy fix. mike

4. cafowler

cafowler Member

or a broken spring. I thought 1 ejector was just a little dirty 2 years ago, B gun-smiths at NSCA nationals replaced both springs, said one was broken is why it wasn't working right.

If you're comfortable removing the extractors, there's a bit of trick to it and it's really easy to get cut or have the spring shoot across the room, it's easy to check/clean/change out. If not, maybe wait till you get to The Grand, the factory guys can do it with eyes closed and they are happy to teach you how to do it right while your there watching them work on your gun. The one old guy retired last year, he's been keeping by 686 in top shape for last 10 years. Good guy, sorry to see him go.

Hope this helps.

5. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Excellent, Joe. I can handle that myself.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.