1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Ejection Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AJJ, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

I just purchased an o/u which seems to have a slow ejector on the bottom barrel, I cleaned the complete gun, as I was told of this problem, after the cleaning both ejectors, it seemed to operate just fine on several sets of empties, but today on live rounds it came back agin , only it seemed to work but delayed on some shells. Any advise, Thanks AJ.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Sounds like a timing problem. Does the reciever and barrels have the same serial#?

ec90t

3. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

EC90T, yes same s/n, should have mentioned it is a used gun, but very good shape. Still need answer to problem. AJ.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Check the ejector/extractor springs. If the bottom barrel was fired a lot more than the top, the spring for the bottom barrel could be a little soft.

ec90t

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sounds more like a timing problem or if you are lucky some debris behind the ejector. If the ejectors move freely with the barrels removed, it points to timing. Correction is relatively simple in most guns but I do not know about 682. On many guns is it simply increasing or decreasing the length of the ejector rods. A small bending motion will decrease the length. If you are not comfortable taking your gun apart, a gunsmith can easily fix the problem.

Pat Ireland

6. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

ALL MENTIONED ABOVE COULD BE THE PROBLEM, BUT BEING THAT YOU SAID IT WORKED WITH EMPTIES I WOULD GUESS THAT THE CHAMBER IS A LITTLE TIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT USING PREMIUM SHELLS WITH BRASS BASES-SHOOT A BOX OF STS'S OR AA'S AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS-RICK

7. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Take it to a gun smith that understands the Beretta ejector system on the 680 series.

The ejector, part number C52332 may need ground off several thousands. THIS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE be a reputable gun smith.

If is is presently to short you have two choices. (1)Purchase a new ejector and have it fit, (2) live with it.

I have a Beretta 682 Gold E Combo. When shooting doubles the lower barrel ejector timing is to fast. The shell does not clear the body. This is not a problem, I catch my shell for reloading. If shooting new shells (throw away Rios) I just remove it from the barrel and chuck it.

Good luck.

Frank

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

AJJ,

Besides any of the above remedies, you also may not be opening the gun far enough. This may not be your fault. Sometimes the nut on the end of the hammer spring pluger breaks off and gets wedged into to wood. When this happens, the spring guide gets impeded in it's movement backwards, preventing you from opening the gun far enough.

Simple answers to gun problems can be very rare at times. Many times a symptom, is cause by something totally unrelated.

Doug Braker

9. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

Thanks to all for you suggestions, The problem was solved with Doug,s help. It appears that a replacement bottom ejector was installed and was not fitted correctly, this has now been corrected. Again thanks to all who responded, with the exception of Hoosier. AJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
berretta 682 gold e ejector spring

ejector problem 682 gold e trap udersingle