1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 E Combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recoil Problems, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

I am considering ordering one of these Beretta's but the literature on line is lacking . Can some one tell me what extras actually come with it.
    Chokes # ? Extended chokes # ? , trigger shoes ? , recoil pad ( s ) ?
    and other bells and whistles ????

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Bryn ... call the dealer and ask the dealer your ordering it from. Heck he might even do a little swappy wappy with the chokes if there are some you really dont want and some you really do want.

Who are you going to be ordering it from? If you have yet to select a dealer I would strongly suggest Joel Etchen at www.joeletchenguns.com ... if you call them or drop them an e-mail they will be able to tell you anything and everything about what comes with or does not come with the deal.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Check with Joel Etchen...he's got some very good deals and will answer all your question. I bought one 2 yrs. ago and have been very happy with it.

Curt - Delaware

4. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Got my 686 Gold E Combo from Etchen back in 2002 and still shooting it, great gun for the price.

Comes with:

Four choke tubes; Extra full @ .040, full @ .035, IM @ .026, Mod. @ .017 & IC @.007.

Adjustable comb. (all way)

Adjustable trigger with three positions.

Tool Kit containing; Choke tube wrench, Allen wrench for the stock, small screw driver for the trigger, two glow sights & an extra trigger. (the one trigger is square with the gun the other is slanted. I like the slanted one, finger lays on it very comfortable.

Beretta case. The two barrel sets and stock are in a cloth booty.

Not included:

I had a local stock person install all way adjustable hardware with a curved Kick-Eez pad to the stock.

All 25 straights (LOL)

Overall I am very satisfied with the 682 and would recommend it to anyone.

Frank

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Mine came with everything Pullbang's did except it has four extended tubes (sk, IC, mod, full), and five flush tubes (three full and two mod...go figure), two different length recoil pads, two Beretta snap caps, and no glow sights.

The 682 Gold E combo also comes (standard equipment) with a guarantee of improving your scores by about 2.3 birds. :)

PS: the cloth bags are junk. They leave lots of lint in the greasy parts of the receiver and the monoblocks, and come apart when they are washed.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang ... my 686 only came with a guarantee of improving my scores by about 2.18 birds ... I knew I should have waited to save more money to get the 682 Gold E combo!

If you dont get it as a combo does it still guarantee a 2.3 bird improvement?

7. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

I wanted some one who just recently rec'd one to tell me all
    the extras that came with it. My dealer is not really into trap guns.
    He simply calls the supplier. The new Beretta 2008 catalogue has not made
    it to Canada yet, so I don't know about chokes , pads etc.
    If some one that just got a 682E Combo could reply that would be good

8. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Like my Gold E Combo so much I just got a 682 combo for back up.

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Bryn ... so far what Frank (Pull Bang) listed is about standard for that package. Do not worry, unless you desire a bunch of extra chokes and such you will get everything you need.

10. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Correction, I forgot.

The full choke tube (full @ .035) came from Briley at the URL above. I did not like Beretta's extra full choke tube @ .040.

Frank

11. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Whats the real difference between a 682 Gold E & a DT10, except for the ability to lighten your checking account?---Phil

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

If my memory is correct the one major difference is the DT10 has a removable trigger group and the 682 Gold E does not and other than that the differences are minor other than the $$$$ that will lighten your checking account.

When looking at the pricing of a 682 you must ask if the $$$$ is worth it for basically just a removable trigger.

13. diesel001

diesel001 Member

Whats your phone number please? Local has a new combo for sale reasonable!!!!!

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

What is his reasonable price?

You must also remember when looking at the price if it is a top single or a bottom single combo and if it has or does not have factory adjustable comb.

15. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I looked at a new 682 Gold E unsingle while shopping at Shyda’s this past Friday night. I was a little disappointed in the newer receivers and the finish of the wood.

If I remember correctly and when the newer Gold E’s came out the receiver’s finish was similar to the older 682 Gold with a Greystoke type finish.

Frank who posted above I know has one of the earlier Gold E’s maybe he could give some information on this. The receiver on the newer unsingle that looked at Friday night reminded me of a nitrate finish and although the wood had nice figure the fit and finish was not as good as what I am used to seeing on Beretta products including my own 682X.

I think before I make the plunge on buying the newer 682 unsingle I definitely want to handle some other ones besides the one I looked at this past Friday. I also want to consider the 687 unsingle that Joel Etchen offers.

Dale,

16. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

Wayne of Pa, I agree with you the 682X is a great Beretta shotgun product. I have had one since 1986. It came through for me at the Missouri Fall Handicap this year winning me my class in the doubles championship on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 greystoke