1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 682 do you like yours?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coho, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

i'm thinking about buying a 682 combo with a left handed stock and the 34 inch unsingle. anybody out there shoot one and if so how do you like it?

2. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

i have a je 687 and luv it

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

have one,,not unsingle,,,love it and have shot the unsingle and like it

4. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I had a used 682 combo sorry I sold it

5. ink ball

ink ball Member

Delighted to be rid of mine. Kicked like a Missouri mule. That problem could have been fixed with some stock work, I'm sure. The other issue I had wtih mine was the Left/Right POI. The O/U barrels shot great. Left/Right POI was dead on with both barrels. The Unsingle, however, shot about 8 inches to the left at 35 yds. I got rid of mine and bought a Caesar Guerini. I Liked the CG a LOT better.

6. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

i had 2 combos and liked them except i could never just pick one up and shoot it kicked me in cheek

7. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I've had one (Greystone with a Soft Touch) for almost 10 years. It's a great shooter & never have had any problems with it.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have two, both top single combos. One of the singles is 32" the other is 34". I like the 34" best. Both guns were fairly flat shooters but an adjustable comb from Tron fixed that.

Very few problems with these guns with the exception of the inerta reset spring which tends to break every 15K rounds. With a little patience and some courage you can replace this part yourself. As you have discovered, you can get very good buys on used left handed 682s.

Perhaps some day I will spring for a really nice trap gun but for now I'm pretty happy with the Berettas.

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

The Beretta 682X and S682X were made from 1984 to 1994 and then gave way to cosmetic changes and were renamed 682 Gold and then later 682 Gold E.

In the world of Beretta shotguns the 682X was the workhorse of Beretta's Competition line of shotguns and won many Olympic medals and Vandalia money...

The 682X was assembled in the Pro shop along with the ASE's and received a lot of craftmanship and quality control.

The earlier guns in Full and Imp Mod fixed choke barrels seemed to pattern a little better than the Mobil choked versions.

Go to shotgunworld.com forums and scroll down to Beretta and look for 682X, many threads on the gun.

Regards

10. oz

oz Active Member

I have one & my wife has one. we both love them. oz

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a 687 and a 682 combo unsingle. Both very nice guns. Low recoil good balance and crushs target.

12. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

lynn at kcta- smithvile mo has a new lefthand 682 gold E stock gloss finish

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

686 top trap mono and 682 Gold here, no problems, was never sorry I bought them.

14. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Very trouble free. I have a 686 bird gun that I bought in 1991 never took care of it at all and it still works fine. I bought a 682x trapgun in 2000 and broke a little hair spring last year, no big deal. If you are looking at an x with the the changable combs I would plan on getting a differrent stock. mine was just a double so I bought a top single barrel from a 682 Gold E. If you do your part it will break them all.

BK

15. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I used to own two of them. One, a 1980s vintage "X" frame combo I shot for a while around 1998 to 2000 or 2001 and later a an early 2000s model sporting clays version.

I couldn't hit a barn with either. The O/U I could hit with the bottom barrel only; the top single I was struggling to hit in the low 70s in handicap. With the O/U I struggled to hit high 80s in doubles. They patterned all over the place and Beretta merely told me the barrels were "within their specs."

Eventually I gave up on both and went back to my 1100 and my scores went up dramatically, virtually overnight. That plus given the breakages the B-guns have at fairly routine intervals. For me, the Remington was and is easier to shoot, hit high scores with very frequently and very easy to fix and I don't have problems every 15,000 rds.

I hated both Berettas I owned and hated the Ljutic monogun, even more that I briefly owned after that and shot for six months - breaking two firing pins in one summer on Winchester primers getting stuck into the firing pin.

16. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I still shoot one of the first 682 X's that came into the country in 83 0r 84 when I was working for Beretta USA. I've shot it about 300,000 rounds with minimal upkeep. I've also got a 687 EELL that I got in 1990 or so and still shoot it. Last year I had Beretta go over it for the first time. Beretta makes great guns but the older ones are Better I think. The receiver is beefier on the old ones than the new ones. Brad Dysinger

17. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

I've only been shooting trap a little over a year and my first trap gun is and was a 682 LTD top single combo. Overall, I have been very happy with it. The only negative comment i would make relates to the "memory system" factory comb.If you need a comb/stock with a far right (or left, I suppose) offset, you may find that the factory unit just doesn't have enough lateral adjustment. Mine was so bad that I could not "stack the beads" when mounting the gun without canting the gun to the left. I considered adding a PFS stock but eventually opted to have my stock modified to fit me by removing a portion of the left side. Fits like a glove now.I also added an adjustable butt plate, a better pad and a "Dead Mule" reducer. Gun shoots great now and my averages have steadily climbed as I have learned how to do my part.Haven't had any mechanical problems at all after about 15K rounds.

18. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I purchased a used 682X in 2006 after 15 years of shooting a Browning Special Sporting (aka Citori). The 682X is the poor man's K-80. I have 3 barrels for mine 30 3/4 sporting with Kolar AAA tubes for skeet, a 34" Oversingle for 16 and handicap and a 30" O/U FC IMPMOD/FULL for Doubles.

I had Todd Nelson put a adjustable stock on and put two recoil reducers in the stock this gun should last me for the next 20+ years!

Ronbo

19. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Have had three, and multiple barrels. I stuck with a 680 with a 682 34" 90/10 pattern unsingle that I had Briley choke because it had been previously opened up. Would like to buy another 682X with a 32" ported O/U in mod and full for doubles and backup like the one I sold, or just a barrel only with a high POI like my unsingle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

do you like berettas

what years were beretta 682x made