1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 - Combo or Not to Combo... that is ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by samthompson, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samthompson

samthompson Member

Would like your input...

I have a Beretta 682x O/U 32" which I shoot quite well for singles, handicap and doubles and someone at the gun club is offering to sell me a like-new 34" adj. rib unsingle for $2000 (whereby I could turn this gun into a combo).

Thoughts - is it a good investment?

2. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Sam, I would not do it. I've owned 2 682 combos and the two different barrels will probably have a different point of impact and different swing dynamic, which means everytime you switch barrels you will have to adjust your stock. If you are doing well with the 32" O/U for everything my advice would be for you to stay with that.

Hit 'em hard,

John

3. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Joel Etchen sells a new barrel for your gun for $1600.

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Ditto John.

I bought a 32" unsingle barrel for my 682X Super Trap. The rib height was lower than my O/U barrels so the unsingle shot WAY high. I added a Keensights rib to the unsingle, but still need to lower the comb to get the same POI.

Anybody interested in a fixed rib 32" unsingle barrel for a 682, fixed full choke unaltered, $750?

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have never owned a Beretta but I bought an excellent single barrel for my MX-3 fitted by a real gunsmith and the cost was a lot less than what you were quoted and I don't have to mess with the comb between events.

6. archangel

archangel Member

I own a 682 combo, top single and 30" o/u. Both barrels pattern at the same poi on the pattern board. That said I use the o/u for everything and rarely the top single. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.