1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 682 comb cracked

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybuster1187, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

I have a 8 month old Beretta 682 gold e unsingle combo. I was shooting it last night and when I was done I put it back in the case. While i was putting it away I noticed a 1 to 1.5 crack in the back of the comb. What caused this? What can I do to fix it?
    Thanks
    Jason

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

99.9% chance it was caused by Beretta's famous Memory System. First thing i changed when i bought mine. They are junk and thats what happens. The Memory System that is. The Gun is a good Shotgun. Graco makes replacement comb hardware that prevents that. Your comb will need repaired or replaced though first. Try contacting Tron on here and see what he can do. Info above. Tron also has replacement Comb hardware that is very good.

Matt

3. twopipe

twopipe Member

they come with a 2 year warranty, I believe

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Let Beretta warrenty the stock, then get rid of the junk hardware once the new stock arrives.

ss

5. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

Thanks for all of the advice everybody. Beretta won't warranty the stock because they don't "grow the trees".
    Jason

6. grntitan

Jason---Did Beretta actually tell you that?? They are well aware of their Memory System causing cracked combs. If your gun has a Warranty then they shouldn't have a choice. I'm not sure how but you need to apply some leverage on them. I had heard about their sh!tty CS but have not had to deal with it.

Matt

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

This is the exact reason why I no longer shoot Beretta or Browning. It's always someone else fault when something like this happens.
    I wish you good luck.

8. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

The Beretta authorized service center for the northeast area actually told me they don't grow the trees, so they can't warranty it.
    Jason

9. high 2

high 2 Member

Sounds like all the info a guy needs to make his next gun purchase.

10. grntitan

Jason--I don't know what to tell you but i wouldn't back down that easy. I would get an attorney just for the principil of the thing. Even if it costs more in the long run you would make the point that you stand your ground. They are wrong. Thats me though as i can make rash decisions when i'm hot. Nobody has ever claimed me smart.....well smart ass but anyway.........

Good Luck and please keep us posted.

P.S. I did not get a Warranty on mine as it was an unfired display. It was part of the deal. I now know wahtever happens it won't go to them.

Matt

11. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

I wish I could get an attorney Matt. I am taking my comb to a man named Joe in Lake Orion Michigan on Sunday. His name on this site is smok'n Joe. He sounds very cooperative and has good pricing.
    Jason

12. grntitan

I understand and thats probably the cheapest route. Its a shame such a nice Trap gun has to have such lousy Customer Service. Good luck i'm sure he will fix you up right. Make sure to change that hardware out while your at it.

Matt

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

As a wise man once said ......."Why would you own a gun that was built in country that has never won a war?"

14. oz

oz Active Member

beetta warantees stocks my wife's 687EELL doubled and ctacked the stock. she sent it back and in a week or two she got her gun back with NEW stock and matching forarm. no charge. oz

15. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Ruck.........who was that wise man?

Jim R

16. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know.......some old derelict trap shooter I used to hang around with!! How 'ya doin', Jim?

Ken

17. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Things are well here. Been retired now 7 1/2 years. Got Susa back shooting again so that's good. Still have the same problem with her , she wants to shoot a Beretta. I found her a 32" unsingle for that EELL now all I need is a set of 28" O/U barrels and she will be set. If you run across a set that will work let me know.

Give us a call some time Ken.

Jim

18. high 2

high 2 Member

I`m still laughing Ken!!!!!!!! LG

19. claybuster1187

claybuster1187 Member

I got my comb fixed today. TronSpace Gunworks fixed it for me. His screen name isn't sok'n Joe it is Tron. He was a very nice guy and had good pricing. He did a great job and you have to look very very close to notice the crack now.
    Jason

20. grntitan

Jason--Oh yeah if you let Tron do it, it was good work i'm sure. He is well thougt of here. Did you have him put the new hardware in as well?

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.