1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 682 break open latch stuck

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

was shooting my beretta 682 gold e today when after a shot the lever to break the gun open stuck. it will not move to the right at all. was wondering if any body else has ever had this happen?

2. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

was shooting my beretta 682 gold e today when after a shot the lever to break the gun open stuck. it will not move to the right at all. was wondering if any body else has ever had this happen?

3. josh b

josh b TS Member

Ive had your problem with my 682 and a BT99 both, I took the forearm off and got the gun apart both times it was a piece of shot wedged in the reciever. hope works for ya
    josh

4. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi dale, sounds like you might have a broken top lever dog. take the stock off and look under the top tang at the top lever dog. you might see the top lever dog is cracked. doug hubbart gunsmith

5. use

use Member

had this problem on a 687 jeg gun. the lever nut had worked it's way loose. pull the stock off. you'll find your problem

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

perhaps???
    frankc_2008_030347.jpg

7. leadvail

leadvail Member

I had this happen a few years back. I think I opened it to soon after the shot. I was still pulling on the trigger at the same time and it hasen't happened since. 10 k rounds or so.

Take the butt stock off and you will see the problem. There was a spring that had slipped out of position and I reset it. Simple fix, no broken parts.

A more common problem I heard of is not firing the second barrel. A spring breaks and needs to be replaced. i haven't had this happen yet, but may buy a spring to have on hand.

8. bt994ever

bt994ever TS Member

you can always use a hammer. lol. don't do that.

9. marc92040

marc92040 Member

Saw this happen on a 682 gold E, when the trigger screw came out and the trigger slid back, got stuck and did not return to the pre fire position, the release lever wouldn't open the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 top lever spring

beretta 682 top lever will not return

my beretta open after a shot