1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 Barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paul7177, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Can I purchase a barrel for my Beretta 682 and expect it to fit and function properly, or must one be fitted by a gunsmith?

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

They usually fit fine, but you have to tweek the ejectors for proper timing.

3. KeepWoodOnWood

KeepWoodOnWood Member

I just purchased a set of O/U barrels for my 686 from Joel Etchen Guns (www.joeletchenguns.com). They fit perfectly. The front handguard fit and the ejector timing was fine. Joel Etchen Guns was great to work with on the sale. Would buy from them again.

Ron

4. skeezix

skeezix Member

When you could get on Coles website they said that they need to be fit. Even if they seem to fit, they are not going to be perfect and it may lead to increased wear down the road. I was going to post a link to the comments on fitting Beretta bbls on their website - but their website seems to have gone down.

Coles charges $125 to fit new bbls. Bbls that have been fit to one receiver can't always be made to fit another receiver.

Coles is back up, read this: https://colegun.com/barrels-beretta-barrels-c-3_75.html?zenid=dc63ad80a9d5a6c5153ee45cbaa48316

John

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Most Beretta Bbls will fit. If it locks up and the lever is a little to the right, and locks up tight, try hitting the reciever w/ your hand, if it does not rattle, and the foresrm lock up is ok, you are in business.

GB
    DLS

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Gapper,

How do you tweak the ejectors? I bought a 682 barrel and the bottom ejector doesn't always work. How are they adjusted?

Thanks,

Kevin

7. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

One could "tweak" them by bending the tip upward so they trip sooner, ejecting earlier. I take the fore-end off, turn the gun upside down, gently tap the ejector twice with a punch and a hammer(stock removal tool). The timing is correct when opening the gun the hammers are cocked first, then the ejectors trip after the gun is open enough (gape) for the spent hull to clear the breach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.