1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682 barrel on BL4?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4andy10, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Hey Just wondering if you can use a 682 series barrel on a beretta BL4 over & under. I've got a BL4 trap that crushes targets but would like to use 28ga. barrel to shoot some skeet with.

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Surprisingly 682 optima barrels will "fit" on a BL. I don't know if they will work properly, but they go right on my s57e. Looks pretty good.

The BL fore-end would have to be used because of the location of the cocking rods; but a savvy gunsmith might be able to make it work.

Hopefully some-one has done the conversion and can chime in

Regards, GAP.

3. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Tried a couple things. First, the BL (s57e) barrels will not fit on a 682 frame because there is not room for cocking rods, They're higher on the wall of the 682, and on the floor of the BL (s57). Requires a bit of grinding on the monobloc.

Conversely, the 682E barrels fit on the BL frame, using the BL fore-end. With mine even the ejector timing is spot on. The fore-end latch might need some adjustment. The trunnion pins might be different, they look very close.

Grosso respecto to Beretta when they decided to build guns "made-to-gauge", they weren't kidding! GAP

Search tags for this page
beretta bl4 barrel

beretta bl4 trap

beretta bl4 trap barrels for sale
will beretta 686 barrels fit bl
will beretta s57 barrel fit bl