1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 682/687 vs.Citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,I'm considering switching from a Citori to a 682/687 Beretta and would like my fellow shooters thoughts about recoil,pointablity,quality,etc. and general differences between the guns.Thanks.

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I think the biggest difference between the two brands are in barrel weight. Beretta's are barrel light while Browning's are barrel heavy. It's whatever you prefer, both are excellent shotguns.

Tom Strunk

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I'm a Beretta guy but it's kind'a like Ford vs Chevy, really.

John C. Saubak

4. John391

John391 TS Member

Owned both and they are great guns for the money. I do not like the fact that it is hard to buy a target Browning that is not ported. John

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

all of the above comments are right on-- here is how i look at buying a trapgun-- look at the rack - which one talks to you , pick it up and if it feels right and builds your confidence BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dancing with woman is the same thing??????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

They are both quality shotguns, well worth the price. But as one poster has noted, there is a definite difference in feel, partly due to the fact that Beretta has gone to lighter weight barrels, while Browning still uses heavier barrel sets. Thus the Browning will, for some, feel barrel heavy vs the Beretta. There is also quite a bit of difference in the stocks, and how they feel to different individuals. I shot a Browning for some time, and while it was a very good gun, I never really like the "feel" of the gun. On the other hand, my Beretta Joel Etchen 687 hybrid combo "feels" just right for me and has contributed a lot to shooting enjoyment and improved scores. You have to find by trial which is right for you. I tried both combos at the Grand two years ago before I made a final choice of the Beretta.

Jim R

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

ps: 687 does not have adj. trigger and the barrel selector cant be locked out with a set screw. the adj comb with post seems to be better than the new style beretta comb memory system. i'm not sure ( didnt use a pull guage) but the 682 trigger seemed more like a target trgger than the 687 poundage & creep ??

8. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

I looked at and shot both before I bought my XT combo. For me, ( unlike everyone else) I liked the Browning much better than the Beretta. I couldn't get used to the smaller fore end on the Beretta. Nothing wrong with it, just didn't like it. Also, the XT was a couple hun cheaper. That didn't play into the decision at all though. Whatever you do, make sure you get all the adjustment you can. An adjustable comb is a must, and spend the money on a Graco LOP setup or something similar. If it doesn't fit you properly, no gun will work for you.

9. trappug

trappug TS Member

Beretta hands down again.I have had both,I love my 687 combo.Also adding adjustable trigger to my 687 was a peice of cake,Jim Flynn did it for me in short order,and a jones adjuster and kickease pad was all I did to it.I do think some time soon I will get the adjustable unsingle for it.<a href="http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/58chvytrklvr/?action=view┬Ąt=shotgun001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>Also a few stick on weights under the forend of my top single help to make it a little smoother to the target.

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If you buy the Beretta, I hope you never have to send it in for repairs.
    Their service department sucks. The last 686 I sent in was gone for two months.

11. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I like the beretta....barrels interchange...stocks interchange...they feel good.

used to shool a bt-100..it was a good gun, but I like the beretta better, I use a releas so trigger is not a factor, I have several beretta recievers and barrels and stocks so I go with what I can work on and change around to suite me.

I say beretta is more user friendly.

service from both factorys suck.....so go with what you can get worked on locally.

you can hotrod beretts easier, so they get my vote.

try to buy a browning unsingle barrel.

tony

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've owned both and for some of the same reasons some people prefer the Browning, I prefer the Beretta. I like heavy guns - I've always said that any self-respecting trap gun ought to weigh 10 pounds - but because of that forward weight that Brownings have, mine (a 32" non-ported Citori Plus) felt sluggish to the target. Several friends that shoot Krieghoffs and Perazzis who handled it described it as a club. By comparison, the 687 feels more alive in my hands.

I think Berettas are fitted better and I say that because they come out of the box feeling tight and stay that way for years while it takes several months before a Citori can be opened and closed without a struggle. At least, that's been my experience over one Citori and two 687s.

Now before the legions of Browning fans take me to task for flaming their guns, please allow me to say that I'm 62 years old and like most olde pharts, not as strong as I once was. You young bucks might be able to open/close and swing that Citori around all day without becoming arm- and back-weary.

Factory service is something you MUST consider on anything you purchase that is not a throwaway item. Neither company seems to have a stellar reputation in that regard but I can tell you that an email to Beretta USA got me an invitiation to tour their Accokeek, Maryland plant while a request for information to Browning's plant in St. Louis about my gun took three months to generate a reply that really didn't answer my questions.

At least locally, dealer service on both brands is very good.

As others have said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Pet them both, shoot them both and sleep on it for a night.

Ed

13. Robb

Robb Member

14. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

The truth is I don't think it matters as both are good guns and either will shoot a bunch of shells without breaking. But a Beretta feels the best to me and to stir the pot I tell my shooting friends that shoot Brownings that John Browning wouldn't make a jaintor at the Beretta factory. That is a little Beretta humor. Larry

15. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Gold de,

Since it's a POS, do you want to sell it?

SW

16. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Both are good guns but I do prefer the Beretta over the Browning. The Browning unsingle rib is a piece of junk compared to most of the others. With all this said, neither compares to my CG combo I currently own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
682 vs 687
beretta 682 vs 686 vs 687

beretta 682 vs 687

beretta 682 vs browning cirori lightning
beretta 682 vs sitori
beretta 687 vs 682

beretta 687 vs citori

old beretta 682 shotgun barrel selector