1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 680 Vs 682 (old models)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by genet1, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genet1

genet1 TS Member

I have a question for all trap shooters.

I would like to know if there might be a difference between a model 680 Beretta Vs. 682 (not gold models)

I know about the current 682 gold e models but I have found these to be in a price range that I thought I could afford.

I know there are some out there that can help me out here with this one.

Gene

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

The 680 had the thick/heavy receiver walls. The first generation of 682s had thinner/lighter receiver walls, maybe like the 686/687 series. At some point, maybe with the 682 Gold, the 682 went to the 680 sized receivers.

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

In my opinion, all of the 680 series guns are essentially the same with minor differences. All are quality guns that will shoot for a long, long time.

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have several Berettas and think the 680 was the best finished of them except for my EELL. Just look at the quality of the barrel selector of the old guns compaired to the newer guns. Find a nice tight old 680 and you have a great gun seen them for around 800.00 for trap models if you look around.

5. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Ole one eye....Buddy "ole boy"....do you mean one like this????
    kolarpole_2008_030317.jpg

6. OLD ONE EYE

Hello Danny that is a very nice 800.00 gun dont forget to bring it to me this winter. I will show you how to shoot it properly. Love that hydro dipped wood looks real what they can do today is amazing. Are you would at the Grand in a big new motor home ??

7. genet1

genet1 TS Member

Old one eye

Yes that would be the one I would like to know if there would be a difference in the models.

Like did this one have a palm swell? Is there things that might break more often then on a 682? ect.

Its nice to here people have a intrest in this model and willing to share what you might know about these guns.

Gene

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

My experience with the 680 series guns are each generation a little more hand fitting is lost. Compare the fit and finish of an older receiver to one of the newer ones. Mechanically wise they are all nearly identical, but the execution is a little sloppier.

ss

9. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Ole one eye..........Hope you are well......YOU sure can't see to well...I guess thats where yaaa got the name.. No hydro dipped wood on this one. And I will acept the $800 now...When and how will yaaaa pay the balance??? Its a combo. No grand this year. Going to Cardinal Center next week and also looking at a DYNAMAX..... All fun aside; the 680's are excellent shotguns. "run'em"

10. mag410

mag410 Active Member

The 680's and early 682's have the wide receiver. The narrow receivers came along in the late 80's, but both were being made at the same time, I think the Sporting guns got them first. 680's do not have triggers adjustable for length of pull, and do not have vented side ribs. The engraving patterns are also different. The steps on 680 barrels are not as high as those on the 682. All of the barrels are "interchangeable", but should be fitted. The replaceable barrel shoulders are wider on "wide" guns, they will hang over on narrow receivers. Narrow barrels will fit wide receivers with no issues.

Michael Goines

11. OLD ONE EYE

Genet1 I would look for a 680 trap in good condition you will get the best value there and as Short Shucker said they were made with more hand fitting a great gun. I just got a set of the new Optims barrels for mine snapped on and no fitting needed but that was pure luck my gunsmith said. I have flat rib barrels that came with the gun and I use them for sporting clays. Good luck with your search.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
680 beretta

beretta 680

beretta 680 series
beretta 680 shotgun
beretta 680 trap
beretta 680 trap review
beretta 680 vs 682
beretta s680