1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 680 ungun opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I found a 680 unsingle in a gun shop today it looks to be in fine shape, has adjustable comb, adjustable recoil pad, and right hand palm swell.. $1700.00 plus tax.. I did a little searching but havent seen where any have sold on the net. Are these good guns and does this sound like a fair price? thanks!

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Great guns and very good shooters. $1700 is a descent price for one in 95% or better condition. The internals for the receiver is basically the same as a 682 except for the adjustable trigger. I always liked the feel of the 680 trigger a little more though.

I've always thought that the coin finished 680 was a little more desireable than the blued model, but that is strictly a taste thing.

Spend a little time with the gun prior to purchasing. Some don't care for the barrel heaviness of the early Beretta Unsingles. The 32" has a very neutral feel, but the 34" has a definit weight forward bias. These early mobile/fixed choke barrels pattern wonderfully.

These guns are true work horses and will serve a lifetime of duty if properly cared for. O/U barrels are readily available to make it a combo on down the line.

ss

3. twopipe

twopipe Member

Yes, a good gun, but fairly old, maybe shot a lot,if so,you may need a new locking bolt, $150 or less. I like mine, 34" full, it's all I need and he's right the coin finish was the best of all of them !

[​IMG]

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Shop around, you may find a combo for an additional 1 or 2 hundred more. Take a friend with you that knows something about this gun. As mentioned earlier, if it's had a lot of use the price is a little steep in my opinion. Last year I bought a 682 combo with dbl releases and a John Hall case for 1900. Larry

5. tab

tab Member

Beretta 680 ungun..opinions..

Great guns, I shot one good in the early 90's. I gave less than 900 for the gun and it was in great shape. I know that's cheap but they haven't doubled in price , have they. The 680 has a flat rib and is well balanced, the 682 barrels have a step ribs and are a little to heavy for some. I have never seen a 680 with factory choke tubes, guys tubed them but never was around one tubed from the factory. When the 682 came out they were everywhere for 1550.00. Ask Rich Cole about 680 beretta. 1300-1400 tops my call Good Luck.

6. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

My daughter shoots my old 680 unsingle now it has been a fabulous gun never a problem and I always liked the balance of it better than a 682.That price may be a little high though.Jerry

7. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

cloud......must show you a picture of my 680 combo....

[​IMG]
    one moe

[​IMG]

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

wow, that is really a nice gun!! thanks!

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

they are great shooting guns.

tony

10. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

I had an 680 skeet gun that had over 450,000 round through it when I bought it...it was a bit loose, just a bit, nothing to worry about. At the World Shoot one year I had Beretta look it over. It still had the orginal firing pins and they were still good. The Tech, pulled the hinge points off the sides of the receiver and swapped the left side for the right side, Gun was tight as a new one and needed no new parts.

I sold that gun a couple years ago, should have kept it, but it is breaking targets. Good solid guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is an ungun trap gun