1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 680 Series ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by highlander962, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highlander962

highlander962 TS Member

Good Evening!

I have a few questions for the Beretta experts out there.

First. Does anyone have the approximate value of a 20 ga. S686 in roughly 70% with a crack in the forearm? I have not seen the gun, but was told it was used in the field.

Second. Can other barrels be fitted to the 686 frame?

I found this in an Estate sale and it could be a project gun. I know there are Beretta barrels out there to be had.

Any good sources for wood? I know it could become expensive, but it is a PROJECT!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tim

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you are looking at a 20 gauge frame gun and not a 12 gauge frame gun with a 20 gauge barrel. Check out some gun shop sites like Jaquas', Cole's and Etchen's. They should give you a place to work from. The 20 gauge gun has a different size receiver than the 12 gauge ... so you need to buy a 20 gauge barrel for the 20 gauge frame or you can also get a 28 gauge barrel for the 20 gauge frame. Again, for wood, you will need to make sure it is for the 20 gauge frame. Cole's usually have a fair bit of new wood available on their web site. I'd suggest you contact all 3 of the above by phone if you are looking for a used piece of wood. Good luck and I hope it turns out for you. Bill Malcolm

3. highlander962

highlander962 TS Member

Thanks for the information Mr. Malcolm.

It is a 20 gauge frame. So, I would only be able to go with a 28 gauge extra set of barrels. I was thinking of something for my daughters to shoot.

Does anyone have an idea of a value on this gun.

Beretta S686 in 70%-80% condition range. Someone told the executor of the estate that the gun was worth BIG $$$. I highly doubt this.

Thanks again!

Tim

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Gun Trader 29th Ed has a Good condition 686 from $515 for the Essential model to $950 for a Sporting Onyx Gold model.

A better discription of the finish and engraving will help a lot to narrow down the models.

As for it worth BIG $$; $900 bucks was a lot of money to me when I shelled it out for a Win 101 when they first came out w/ choke tubes, I was up grading from an Ithaca 37 that I paid $150 for. 8)

Jason

5. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I sold a 95% S686 with extended tubes a few years ago for $900.

With a cracked stock I wouldn't give more than $650

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i think sam has the right value, $550-$650. Figure on spending probably close to $300 for new wood, another couple hundred for a reblue if necessary, and another couple hundred for a rebuilt if necessary (i figure one or both probably are since you listed the gun in 70%).

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Jaquas have a couple in 12 gauge listed as in excellent condition for less than $1,000. The 20 gauge is not worth more than the 12 gauge. I would agree with the posters above as far as value. BTW I own an S686 in 20 gauge with an English stock. Great bird gun. Bill Malcolm

8. highlander962

highlander962 TS Member

I was told that it had a silver receiver. So, my guess is it is a Silver Pigeon. I am hoping to see the gun sometime this week. I am not sure as to the condition of the receiver, but was told that the fore end was cracked. I would like to see the bores as well.

Thanks again for all of the replies.

Tim Sauer

9. oz

oz Active Member

could be a 686 silver perdiz. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.