1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 680 Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdognorth, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdognorth

birdognorth TS Member

Are there potential problems with a 680? Blue book shows price of only $1300 fo 100% combo. Gun has hollow sound (stock?) when closing and shooting top barrell, but not bottom or unsingle barrell. Why is blue book so low?

2. birdognorth

birdognorth TS Member

Price is much more, but I was shocked to look in last year's Blue Book and see $1300, which leads me to wonder if there are problems with this model.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would have to say model obsolescence. It was followed by the 682, 682X, 682 Supertrap, 682 Gold X, and the 682 Gold E.

680 is listed with the other discontinued models in my Blue Book. Something has to give somewhere.

If there is no appreciable milage on the gun it's a great deal. Functionally no different from newer models.

HM

4. birdognorth

birdognorth TS Member

Is the hollow sound I hear when I fire the top barrel from a hollow stock? Don't hear it with bottom barrel or unsingle barrel.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you can buy a 680 "ungun" (bottom barrel shooter, buy it for $1300. One of those got me to the 27, I wish I had not given it to my son. Who in turn traded it. I never had one problem with the gun.

6. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Values can come and go depending on popularity, so I would only use the blue book as a starting tool.

1300 is a fair price for even a well used 680 during the season. Off season they can be had for 1000 and up to 1750 depending on condition.

The gun may have had a release installed and removed. The stock may have been relieved for the release, and that may be causing the sound, or not. I have a 680 with a stock that has been relieved, and I don't notice any difference over my 682.

In any event, they are a good gun, the exact same receiver as a 682, only prettier engraving and nicer stocks. The barrels have a flat rib.

The sound may just be the harmonics the gun produces, and probably no reason for concern. Make sure your stock bolt is tight, or not too tight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.