1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Beretta 680 O/U POI Differences

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lbshootin, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I have a 687 SP II with a 32" O/U, X trap barrel, the top barrel shoots high (70/30), and the lower one shoots flat (50/50)..How does the Sporting barrel POI compare? I would much rather have a 60/40 for BOTH barrels to have the same POI..I have been told that Beretta sets the trap barrels up so that in doubles, shoot the top barrel first on the rising birds and the lower second for the not so rising bird...IDEAS???
    Thanks,
    LB

2. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I think the POI thing is a matter of personal preference or rationalization however you wanna look at it. It is important that both barrels shoot straight left and right. I am shooting an MX3 which is designed at the factory to shoot Top barrel first and the recoil is very tame. My previous Doubles gun was a Citori Trap which I also set up to shoot Top barrel first because of a POI difference and again I could notice no tangible difference in recoil.

4. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

I'm not familiar with this model, but if it has choke tubes, special tubes can be made that will change the POI. Most critical though is if both upper and lower barrels line up vertically.

As for shooting doubles, I thought the lower barrel is selected to fire first to reduce the muzzle rise for the follow-up shot.

Mike

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

LB, Beretta utters that same lie no matter where the barrels shoot. With mine, the bottom barrel shot a lot higher than the top. I got the same "reason". Oh, and my single barrel shoots higher yet with the same comb setting. How come? Oh, we did that to help you with handicap. Like Browning, their barrel regulation is all over the place, and they use any excuse to shut you up. If you push the issue really hard, they'll tell you they allow an 8" difference at 40 yards before they will call it a defect.

6. dzneff

dzneff Member

I have a Beretta 682 sporting 28" that I use for 5-stand. Both barrels shooot the same POI for me. But I have never patterned it. I believe in pattering a shotgun by shooting clay birds. That tells me more than shooting on paper from a fixed position.

Denny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

upper and lower barrel poi