1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 680 info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mitchie17, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitchie17

mitchie17 TS Member

I have an older 680 combo. I took the stock off to clean the action and found that the under barrel hammer spring guide had broken.....right at the thread area. The guide was still captured and the gun still functions fine. Not really sure why they put the threaded portion and the nut on there anyway....My question: Is this a common problem?????? Sould I buy more than one when I order?? Thx

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I can't figure the nut and bolt. Mine broke too. Broken debris in the action caused more problems than the broken rod. My gunsmith made me a replacement without the nut and bolt. Works fine.

Be sure to get all the debris out of the action.

If it ain't broken, or at least if it is working fine, why fix it?

BTW - Does anybody know what the threads and bolts are for?

3. 4 be

4 be Member

Mitchie 17 - You need to replace the assembly to prevent damage. The nut serves two purposes. One to apply the proper spring tension on the hammer, and two serves to keep the guide straight. You also have a small collet that sets at the forward end of the threads and against the back edge of the spring. The collet offers additional support and keeps the guide stright. Go to Coles web and you will find a schematic. They also have the complete guide assembly or the individual parts. Jim Flynn who advertises on this site has the best price on the complete assembly. Jerry Callawsay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.