1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391uryka ll your coment?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Caribou woodland, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

Just going to get one for my Wife.
    A sporting 30 inches whit wood stock.
    Any comments any one sooting it for trap.
    Salutations
    Pierre

2. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

don't expect it to shoot doubles...it will jam

3. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

BAloney! It will not jam if you keep it clean. VERY reliable. Be sure to get the trap model, though with the parallel montecarlo comb and the raised rib...VERY IMPORTANT! Probably the single best all-around gun you can get for all shotgun sports.

WNCRob

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Beretta auto (AL391 Urika) and have yet to have it jam so it has to be the operator not the machine ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

My favorite all around gun bar none is the 391 parallel target. Used one on here right now for $850 shipped.

I have had mine jam - last week for the firt time ever. Shell hung up at the top of the carrier cycle. Actually happened twice in about 10 shots - but I think it was the shell (WALMART specials). My reloads had no problems all night. The carrier on the 391 CAN bend, and will cause the problem I just mentioned - so I might just swap out the carrier and be done.

My 391 has countless thousands of rounds through it - until last week, never had a single issue - but I'm sure it's super minor.

As far as cleaning it - do a search for Tron's 391 cleaning routine and have at it. Good for many thousands of rounds besides just swabbing the bore.

Ducks

6. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

They are a great gun.

I shot one for about 4 years, and learned the hard way to keep it clean. If I shot singles and caps I was very reluctant to take the line for doubles without making sure at least the piston and rod were clean. Yes they can go 1000 rounds without a problem, but!...any fouling can tweek the delicate system. Some shells burn dirty, avoid them (you will know quickly)

Clean beretta = good
    Dirty beretta = bad

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Clean Beretta= good; Dirty Beretta=good.

You can hardly get a 391 so dirty that it won't function. My never
    malfunction and it seldom gets cleaned.

National sporting clays champion Anthony Matarese Jr. says he cleans his 391 when he feels the action slowing down.

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Your wife will love the gun.

Be sure and get the gun fitted to her or she will not be happy very long,my wife loves her Gooey Pad ilo factory kick pad.

Lube with Breakfree CLP and shoot gun wet, it works and takes the ware away plus cleans the gun as you shoot, just wipe down after shooting its like new. This was recommended to me by a guy on here named Tron and boy it works good.

9. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

No Jam with a 391 here! Shoot light 7/8 up to 1 1/8 loads all have functioned perfectly and flawlessly - dirty gun or not. Your wife will love it and it will be comfortable for her to shoot. Lots of barrel and stock options available. If you reload be sure to bevel the mouth of the shell to help.

Regards, Joe

10. 682psf

682psf TS Member

iv put over 6000 rounds through mine without cleaning in with no jaming problem. veary good reliable gun.

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Make sure it has the new bent carrier like was on the 390's and make sure to run it wet using Breakfree clp. No need to clean them before 5000 rounds unless you just like to clean your guns. Most guys that have problems with them also have problems changing a flat tire. They are very reliable.

12. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

My wife has shot one for the past year with zero problems. Her's started out as a field model but has been morphed into a trap model. Don't hesitate to get one.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Beretta AL391 Urika with all the bells and whistles in a hard case with an extra stock that I would sell if its going to a good home ... It also comes with different thickness recoil pads ... Contact me on a PM for details ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1282.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1283.jpg

wpt_2008_0303_1284.jpg

14. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

She is happy........ it is a Beretta AL391 Teknys Gold Sporting
    Will go to the club toomorow and try this very nice gun.Will be
    lots of fun.

15. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I love my Beretta autos (3). I own a few versions of them a Trap, Sporting and PT. My Sporting version is the Extra-Grain Urika II w/30" barrel. This gun doesn't miss a beat, no jamming.....ever...never, and if it does I'll deal with it at that point. I only shoot skeet and sporting with this so most of my shots are doubles. There is always a reason for when that (jamming) happens and most shooters are not competent to figure it out for themselves and that when the crisis arises (hence, the gun becomes a piece of $#!^). And the stock is walnut not plywood, pine or contact paper as a fool may suggest. I aquired a Gold 32" Paralell Target back a few months ago. I bought this because (1) I wanted it, (2) I'm a firm believer in Beretta Autos, and (3) have been playing around with it to be an all-around clays gun. During the summer months I'm more apt to shoot the various games from week to week and am having fun doing it with just the PT. I would go for a version of the Parallel Target if I were you, stock is higher and parallel with the rib. Keeps your head higher. Rib is a step rib. Slightly higher than sporting version. Both have the same wider width ribs vs. field version. The PT shoots slightly higher than the sporting 60/40? but, with the stock being adjustable you have an advantage over the Remmy than can't be adjusted. This is Beretta's best feature. If you are goint to shoot trap for the most part wit it the PT would be my choice. The Urika line doesn't have a trap version like the once had. I have to work on many aspects of the games, I'm no Harlen Campbell, Dick Bender or Tony Matresse by a long shot or ever will be but, Beretta puts out a great shotgun and I think you'll like it.

16. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

My wife toy is AL391 TEKNYS with green Breta logo. Could not find it on the web
    site.Is it a field or......
    Salutations
    Pierre

17. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

The green side plate ones are field models. Target versions are blue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.