1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391AL Urika

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Straight50, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight50

Straight50 Member

A question for you Beretta guys. I just bought a used Beretta 391AL Urika semi-auto. It has a 30 inch barrel and came with a Briley IM extended choke. The barrel is marked TRAP and the gun has a monte carlo stock. I have heard about two types of factory chokes being available for Berettas, an Optima and a Mobil. Doe's anyone know which one fits my gun, or will they both fit? I assume it didn't come from the factory with the Briley or do they?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

Could be either one. Does it say Optima on the choke or on the forearm? If not then it's probably Mobile choke. Beretta's don't come from the factory with Briley chokes. Chokes do not interchange because Mobile choke bore is usually .723 while an Optima bore is .732

anthony12ga_2008_0303295.jpg

3. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Thanks to both of you guys for your help. I have now identified mine as having the Mobile tube system. Only the gauge (12) and the chamber length (3") and the barrel length (30") is stamped on the left side of the barrel in front of the receiver. Additionally I pulled the choke tube and it is like the one on the left in Anthonys picture except mine says Ber/Ben IM. I also mic'd the ID of the tube on the breech end and it is .723!
    Thanks again guys, I now know what to order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.