1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERETTA 391

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rico46, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I was told that the Beretta 391 was an all purpose shotgun. I was told that the 391 could be used for hunting game birds and it would even through a slug for deer hunting?

I own a 391 but I never used it for bird or deer hunting. Will the Beretta 391 throw steel shot and throw a slug? Thanks

Rick

2. Bullheaded on SKB

Bullheaded on SKB TS Member

You can shoot anything fromt eh 391. I might suggest checking with Beretta if you are going to shoot a slug.

Chet

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Use the cylinder choke for the slug if your going to attempt it but I dont know if I would. I'm not sure exactly what the forcing cone and such might do with a slug but if you do attempt it do not and I repeat DO NOT use the sabot type slugs cause they shoot like crap from a smooth bore barrel. If you do attempt it see if you can find some of the Breneke slugs, I think they would be the best bet out of a smooth bored barrel.

4. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Sabot slugs are designed to be fired from a rifled barrel.

Beretta makes a slug gun 391.

5. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I spoke to a Beretta rep yesterday. He states the Beretta 391 can throw steel shot and or a slug effectively. He said shotguns were all mfg to shoot everything before they got their selective. Like Lumper said "he said use the cylinder choke for a slug."

Rick

6. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

The factory chokes can handle steel. Mod is the tightest choke you'd want to use though.

~Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.