1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 Wont fire second shell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bud168, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bud168

bud168 Member

Hey guys, I have a Beretta 391 that I'm having an issue with the second shell firing. It fires the first shell fine then cycles puts the shell in the chamber but wont fires, when I pull the trigger its seems like nothing happens, no clicks or anything, but sitting here thinking about it I did notice on a few shells there was a very very small ding in the primer. The slide seems to be closing all the way. I broke the gun down and cleaned and oiled everything and tried it again with the same result. I tried multiple shell hulls, hot and light shells and neither fire the second shell. The gun only has a few hundred rounds through it, its pretty much like new. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Kurt Nelson

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Often it is the action spring- the shell isnt fully seated in the chamber

Also clean the gun completely- concentrate on action and chamber-- that might do it

Gene

3. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I had the same issue with 391 Urika Synthetic field gun no matter what ammo I used. The solution was to clean the reciever/chamber/trigger/hammer assembly every 300 or so rounds -- not very practical and a pain in the a$$. Sold that and bought a 391 UII Parallel target, and experienced that problem at about 2500 rounds -- this is acceptable and about the time i should be cleaning the semi-auto anyway.

While I am not a scientist or metalurgist, the more expensive 391 UII Parallel Target gun has the same internal reciever/chamber/hammer components as the cheaper field gun -- but they are a significantly better grade in terms of finish and detail. I'm sure Beretta will say the shiner and finer components dont work any better, but in my case they did and needed significantly less cleaning too.

BTW, sold that too, and wish I had kept it since it was such a practical gun that I could lend my friends and also to the local scout troop.

Rudy

Rudy

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Kurt,

If the second shell is loading just fine, and the bolt is locking into battery, then it is a trigger issue. I'd suggest you get ahold of Tron and he should be able to help you out.

ss

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i have a new 391 20 ga just given to me to look at-- same problem!! my friend describes the same scienerio-- i too took the whole gun apart. clean and litely oiled.-- my conclusion is - the barrel isnt tight to the reciever?? the forearm doesnt get seated in the groove, or mag. cap just aint down enuf?--- i'll shoot another box of shells thru it and see!

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I would first question the loads. Are they new or reloaded? If you're shooting reloads, then try new shells and see if the problem goes away. Is the barrel original and not been hacked on? I did see a guy who "fixed" his misfeed problem (that was caused by the straight carrier syndrome) by beveling out the mouth of the chamber and the shell wouldn't seat correctly every time (not that this is your problem...but you never know).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 shell carrier texas