1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 391 v.s browning bt 99 plus

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ben Eitle, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Eitle

Ben Eitle TS Member

I am 15 years old and have been shooting trap for 2 years. I have been shooting a beretta 391 with custom stock, adjustable comb and got along with it just fine. I only had 1 issue with it; the comb would bruise my cheek. I have shot my friends older BT 99 plus and liked it. I am thinking about building a 391, or buying that 99 plus. It is an older model with some normal scratches and small dents in the stock. What’s it worth? Please let me know your opinion on my decision. Your opinion is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

if a 391 is bumping your cheek it probably doesn't fit you. i have a bt and a 391 and the bt beat me do death at the cheek. i haven't shot the bt in 6 years for that reason. i have 2 browning o/us that kick like mules too. just my opinion others may say it the other way around. my 391 is a custom ncp which has a thicker stock than my old one which for my face seemed to help also.jackmitch

3. wannaz

wannaz Member

Jackmitch, if those old brownings aren't being used, just toss one of them my way, I need a good beating lol. Seriously are either one of the o/u a trap model? I've got a 13 yr. old I'd like to find an o/u trap gun for. He shoots a BT micro right now (loves it), but is getting larger by the minute it seems.

4. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

if trap is your only game I would think about the bt99plus. depending on what yardage you are at for handicap the bt will grow with you ,ie. lop poi,etc. the 391 are great guns but most are flatter shooters easy to shoot singles and dbls with but struggle with longer yardage. hope this helps. my son is 16 and shoots a bt99 with a high poi it is an rt sereial number gun. though he is only a 20yd handi shooter. good luck and keep on shooting.

5. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

wannaz, sorry i have 3 sons.no guns for sale.they seem to like the brownings even though they don't shoot them much. i told the oldest i was going to trade the o/u i bought him cause he had't shot it for 3 years and he gave me hell. he's through college now and has shot the thing maybe twice in 2 years. middle son shoots the bt about as much as his brother shoots his.the other o/u i inherited from my father in law, you can imagine what would happen if i sold it.jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.