1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 Teknys gold trap opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jrb100, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I am looking into buying one of these with 30 inch barrel.The price at a local shop is 1500.00 new.If I could hear some feedback on the recoil,trigger, and how it moves to the target.(is it whippy).How does it compare to an 1100?.

thanks,
    joe

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I have one of them, and really like it. I shoot a BT99+, 687 SPII with PFS stock, a Benelli and find myself doing best with the 391. I had Greg Hissem put a great adjustable butt pad/plate on the back, getting rid of the gel tek gizmo on it.

If it is worth the extra money over a standard 391, I can't say since I don't have one of those. I like the looks of the Teknys.

It is extremely soft shooting, and crushes targets if I do my part. I do use Briley chokes, but the tubes that came with it seemed fine. I just prefer aftermarket. An Angleport closer is a great addition also.

I have thought about having Dennis Devault do his magic to it, but decided instead to roll through Canton later this year and just bite the bullet on a new Infiniti instead.

3. tburrey

tburrey Member

Joe, I too was looking at the Gold but finally decided on the 391 Parallel Comb model. For the prior ten years I had shot a 390 that I did pretty well with a just decided to upgrade. I'm shooting pretty well now with the 391 that I purchased in April this year. The gun was only shooting 60/40 when I bought it with the trap spacer so I located a gun in Michigan that machines these spacers for the cast off you need and additional height. My gun with the new spacer shoots 75/25 and I notice now I get fewer chipped birds and more ground up birds. The recoil is very soft just like the Remington 1100 classic I had for awhile but got rid of because it shot 40/60 and of course it has no spacers you can insert to raise the height. I was looking down the rib so an adjustable comb would not have helped me because I do not like to see rib between the beads. I think you would be happy with either 391 I just felt the $ difference wasn't worth it. Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.