1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beretta 391 stock questio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i read the other day on here - someone commented on a "more open" 391 pistol grip(which sounded like from the factory). was there differant versions on models ? i have shot many 391 par. target and trap and never thot about it, but i always have my lil pinky finger hang over the grip, as to get my trigger finger reach, right!!!!!

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

that is the main reason I had Phil Simms make me a stock and forearm for my 303. I now have more reach at the grip and a nice palm swell and the forearm is now beefy and feels great

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The two target stocks are the sporting clays and the parallel stock. The sporting clays stock has a more slanted pistol grip while the parallel grip is closer to perpendicular to the barrel. The field stocks are different from the target stock.

I have shot both the sporting and parallel and had no trouble get used to either one.

4. acss

thanks dick- i saw cubans new stock earlier and then happened to start shooting a 90T har- wow what a differance in grips and comfort!! and i am a beretta man !! thanks for the ifnfo happy shooting

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You're talking about standard and reduced length (RL) stocks

6. acss

well- either one i have had both and felt that both crowed me to get entire hand on the grip area? they are thicker than a 303/302 but that doesnt make up for much

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

All of my Beretta 39X's have had what would basically be an "Etchen" grip. looping back towards the trigger... does make for a tighter grip, but, easily adapted to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.