1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dzeh, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzeh

dzeh Member

Since my Beretta O/U is awaiting a Bumpbuster installation I shot my wife's 391 the other day. After about 50 rounds I noticed that the pin holding the trigger assembly (I assume that's what it's holding) had worked its way out quite a bit. I pushed it back in but after several more rounds through the gun I saw that it was slowly coming out again. Has anyone else had this problem? Anything I can do to correct the problem?

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There is a little piece of wire called a Circlip that slides around the hammer bushing, a hollow tube in the trigger assembly that holds the hammer but also is where the trigger plate retaining pin slides into. There is a slot in that hammer bushing that a part of the circlip fits into, which catches the groove in the trigger plate retaining pin. That circlip is missing or broken and needs to be replaced. It is no more than a little piece of wire. I tried to make one myself, but wasn't having much luck, so I just ordered one from Beretta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta hammer bushing for 391