1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

¿ Beretta 391 Parallel Target ... Desirable gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

In a rather ... interesting ... trade opportunity, a gentleman thinks I need his Beretta 391 Parallel Target, blue trident ABS case, factory chokes, 28" in 'Very Good' condition.

He shot benchrest skeet, some friendly 16yd and doubles and sporting clays with it, but bought it close to when he was 'slowing down'.

I have not seen the gun, but I take 'Very Good' to mean he has not used it to thrash moles and chipmunks in the rose bushes and barbed-wire, but it is clearly a 'used' gun.

I've looked for 391 FS threads w/o luck. Is this a reasonable 6-700$ trade-value gun I won't have to cut-up and eat for dinner because I'm dumber than usual?

Bob

2. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Better if it had a 30" bbl - but depending on what "very good" means $650 isn't unreasonable.
    There are lots of 391 threads - dig a little deeper.....

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I should have been more clear. I read a lot of 391 threads, but I didn't see many: FS ... 'pm sent' ... SOLD.

I saw lots of tire-kickers, and the same thing over in the SC forums.

If it is not a 'quick sale' item in this market, I don't need it taking up space and treasure.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

While the 28" barrel isn't the hot ticket, it will work fine -and if you need to add weight to the muzzle there are weights to do that.
    Here's some things to look at. (1) Is it Optima chokes or the older Mobil chokes? If Mobil chokes that knocks off $ 100-$150, so you're closer to $600.
    Look at the bottom of the trigger assembly. If the carrier underneath the trigger is straight, that's the newer, far less desirable carrier. If it has an angled bend, it's the old style 303,390 type carrier which are in short supply and you could probably sell for $100 by itself. Mobil chokes, straight carrier, 28" barrel : $550.
    A 391 in good condition is almost like currency. You'll never get stuck with it.

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

We couldn't come to a deal, but still parted friends, and I have pics. Good gun, with average 'games' use and good care for it's 3yr shooting career.

It is not the Ladies and Kid's stock, Optima chokes, with the new/modern/straight carrier and he has a lot of parts and specialty cleaning gizmos.

I take your point dickgtax abt Beretta 391 being a constant demand item, but sometimes you just can't make a deal work.

Thanks, all.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.