1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 opinions?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gorillajg, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorillajg

gorillajg TS Member

Interested in purchasing a 391 trap, any one have any thoughts, ie reliability, value, general experience. Also does anyone have a 391 barrel with an adjustable rib for sale? or do you know who specializes in this type of project, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have 8 391's...3 trap 2 sporting..1 parallel target and a 20ga sporting...I love them because they fit and point so good along with being easily one of the most reliable auto's on the trap field...if you want an adjustable rib see Dennis DeVault...I have a brand new 391 Trap Optima barrel 30" with really pretty wood for sale,..test fired only 900 plus shipping

3. Loyac

Loyac Member

I own 4 Beretta semi autos (Use them in the field, for Sporting Clays, Trap & Skeet - 12 & 20ga)... Wouldn't shoot anything else. John

4. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I have a 3901 20ga I use for skeet & dove. Love it.

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

My vote is for a 3901 as well. I have a 20 GA that I took to Uruguay last summer shot 60 boxes without cleaning and the gun was still shooting without a malfunction.

Ronbo

6. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

My Wife shoots a 391 with fixed Moneymaker Barrel. It shoots very well.
    Bill

7. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

I don't think they make a 3901 trap. They are field guns made very much like a Benelli. I would not hesitate to buy a 391. Might want to look at the parellel target model. Stock is par, like a k8o. If your head goes back or forth you see the same plane. I use one for sporting clays. Get the gun first before the spending on the adj rib barrel. The stocks are all adj with shims on the 391. Some even have adj combs. You may shoot it well right out of the box. Weighted forend cap seems to help my swing.

8. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

I have owned 302, 303, 390 and 391 all have worked very well, only trouble I have had is the stocke's. They like to crack with a lot of use, other than that I think they are the BEST aotoloader out there.

9. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I shoot a 391 Urika Trap. I love it. I tried switching to a break-open gun but went back to the Beretta. It shoots soooooo soft.

hubcap

10. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

There product out of the box is more than adequate. Don't trash the gun because you are a gadget man.

Don

12. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

Good semi-auto but not hands down ahead of other mainline semis.

13. Rottweil72

Rottweil72 TS Member

I have the 391 Teknys 32" Trap -- I've added the recoil reducer on the fore stock and changed shoulder pads for length of pull and recoil -- I have very good luck with the gun --- However ---- after 100 rounds or so, it starts to bother my neck on the left side (I'm a right hand shooter) -- can't figure that one out yet -- I still think that my old 1100 shoots a little softer --- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.