1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 magazine problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harley1, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harley1

harley1 TS Member

I am having problems putting reloads in the magazine of my 391 . the shells are sticking in the port to the mag., new factory shells are ok but quite tight fitting but reloaded Win AA's and Rem STS's are sticking in the mag. Reloading on a MEC JR. Could the resize/deprime station actually be flating the head of the shell and increasing the diameter???? Anyone else have this problem and found a solution??

Brian

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brian--the fact is that the Mec 600JR. does not resize the head of the shell. If you are using once fired shells that YOU did not shoot in that particular 391--that could be the source of your problem. I shoot 2 different 391's with reloads from a Mec 9000 without a problem. So--if your picking up shells shot in another gun--that could be the problem. Try shooting some reloads from a press that resizes and see if that makes a difference. Good luck!

3. harley1

harley1 TS Member

Thanks Boomer, I'll try some reloads from some progressive machines and see how it goes./

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.