1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dzeh, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzeh

dzeh Member

I went up to watch the PA state sporting clays shoot in July and there was a vendor there that had custom made end cap wights and stock weights for the Beretta 391 autos. They looked really nice. Possibly stainless steal. Anyways, I didn't get the fella's card and was wondering if anyone here may know of this person or someone else that has these. I really liked the way they looked compared to similar Briley weights. His prices seemed pretty reasonable. I'm sure he sets up at other shoots. Any help would be appreciated.

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

could be angleport's. they do make a new style cap.just a guess

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Is this what you are looking for?

Jerbear

4. dzeh

dzeh Member

No it's not the Briley ones. I think this guy actually machines them himself. They looked really nice and with the stock weight the gun he had there was balanced perfectly. Had a nice heavy feel to it. I'm looking at going to an auto for shooting to minimize as much recoil as I can. I want to shoot a 20 gauge and feel as little as possible. Have three herniated discs in my neck and am afraid doc will make me stop shooting altogether. Don't want to give it up. What can I say....I'm addicted.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Graco makes a weight that replaces the end cap and they make a stock weight as well. The fore-end weight has a nice polished blue finish - nicer looking than any other I've seen, so that might be the one you saw. It cost $65. (I've got one on my gun)
    If you really need to reduce recoil,Soft-Touch makes a composite stock with the recoil reducer installed. I've been using one for about a year and I'm very pleased with it. They're a little expensive at $ 595, but a guy named cfator has one for sale along with a matching forend on this site. (You won't need a stock weight if you get a Soft-touch stock.)
    If you can find a 391 or 390 stock with the G-Squared Shockmaster system, that's the best of all.

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Beretta makes a set for the 391's. Three different weights included. Check the Beretta web site.
    Mike Battista

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

my doc said the same thing about my neck so i switched to 7/8 oz loads and a composite soft touch on my 391 a year ago, and it worked. best thing i ever did. good luck to you.

8. trapdaddy

trapdaddy TS Member

Try Dan Suggs 753 Everist Drive, Aberdeen, MD 21001.
    Email is sportingshotgunservices@hotmail.com or phone : 410-688-1514.

He also makes a combo kit consisting of bolt release, extended lift carrier and trigger group pin which is excellent. Allows you to remove the trigger assembly without a drift pin. The pin can be pulled by hand in a matter of seconds. Makes cleaning and/or repair a snap!

Jay

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.