1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 for daughter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by willyz, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willyz

willyz Member

I am thinking about purchasing a Beretta 391 for my daughter. I found one for $750. The guy says has less than 500 rounds through it and comes with 7 chokes, truglo sight and geltek pad. The question I have is this gun isn't an optima. Does the optima barrel make that big of a difference? Also am I better to cut the stock down or look for a rl stock to replace the existing one with?

2. build4u

build4u Member

the 391 is a great gun. I would not worry about the Optima barrel at all. I have three of them in 12 and two in 20. Only one is an Optima barrel which is just like an over bored barrel. They all shoot great.

3. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

I am putting my beretta AL391 URIKA trap in an auction in the next couple of weeks. I have been asking 650 for it. It has a 30 in trap barrel but best of all it has a 13 inch LOP which is perfect for women or young people. Also has shims included if they need to stretch out lop as they grow. it is in great condition and comes with a few chokes. Very minimal recoil. It will be in the GUNRUNNERS auction. I am not sure what the difference in the barrels is My is labeled as a TRAP barrel.

4. willyz

willyz Member

Where are you located? Do you have it listed on this website? Thanks

5. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

I am in Ohio the Cleveland area. No its not listed on this site. Just throwing it out if theres any interest.

6. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Question ? Is your daughter strong enough to be able to handle a gun with the bulk of an large Auto ? You may want to consider a BT-99 in a Ladies size gun ? Just a thought to consider ... Doug

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Willyz, you might should JUMP on that Cut Down Stock 391 for your daughter. You can buy a standard length stock later. GOOD PRICE!!!! JMO joe90t

8. willyz

willyz Member

I ended up purchasing the 391 that was local for $725. I thought that was a fair price it's in real good condition. My daughter already tried a reduced lenght 391 and did good. She got a little tired by the end of the round, but I think she would build arm strength as the season progresses. The full lenght is posing a problem for her. She shot a BT99 last season and it kicked her pretty hard so I could not talk her into looking at those. I would really like to buy a RL stock vs cutting down if anyone has one at a decent price they would part with let me know, Thanks.

9. KIRKS AUTO

KIRKS AUTO Member

Are you still looking for a stock, I have a Wenig ladys trap stock,rh,checkered with adjustable comb. asking $200.00. Kirk

[​IMG]

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I am a 5'8" male & shoot the short factory stock on my 391 Urika 2. 13 3/4"pull & much better than the regular length of 14 3/4". It is the parallel stock which I think is very important in reducing recoil. There is no drop to come back into the face. That Wenig stock looks good also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 adj comb stock for sale

shorten beretta 391