1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 fast bolt release questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Caryl, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Caryl

Bob Caryl Member

I have been looking on the internet at Briley closers and the Beretta closers for a 391 Beretta. Are there other manufactures of closers out ther that I can look at? Of the two that I have looked at the Beretta closer is half the price of the Briley. Is the Briley that much better or would the Beretta closer do just as good a job? Any info or thoughts on these closers or others that may be out there would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I've installed several types.........the Briley is the best, IMO.

Ken Rucker

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

briley, angleport, ncp ara all about the same in construction and operation. The beretta one is just an expensopn piece off the pin that holds the trigger in and is flat with no mechanical advantage. My opinion for what it is worth is go with the better one and forget the beretta one. They also have one onthe market by the t and s people i believe that is also just an extendion. motordoc Oh and I have an ncp on my guns an it works great. Just a touch of the lever and the gun closes. I think there is another one like pure gold

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

You might also want to look at the Carey Closer. Simple to attach, provides a large flat platform to press to close bolt, and easy to remove if desired. It also can come with an integrated shell catcher which is great for singles, and also that part is easily detached to allow for doubles. I know Gamaliel carries it and maybe others. I use one with the detachable shell catcher and it works great. Fits all Berettas except the 302.

Jim R

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've installed several types and have used several types, the DeVault or the Angleport are the best that I've seen. They give the most leverage.

6. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I have a BRiley on my 391 Sport..did it myself (I am NOT a GUN Fixer), but the instructions are easy to follow, and it took me less than 30 mintutes. Best thing I have added to it..Larry B

7. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I like the Angleport closer. Got one last week and installed it in 5 mins. You do neet a very small diameter pin punch and a paper clip to install. They have an installation video on their website. Go to bolt closers and it is there.

http://www.angleport.com/closurevideo.html

8. dzeh

dzeh Member

The Beretta fast bolt release is a piece of junk. It's just a little gizmo that fits over the button. I've got the Briley closer on two of my guns and it works great. It has ridges on it so your thumb doesn't slip off it. Installation was 15 minutes.

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Bob
    Go with the Briley, the Beretta fast closer is a joke and want last any time at all, plus it's over priced and the Briley is underpriced for the value and pleasure of using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 bolt release

beretta al391 bolt release
beretta bolt release button
beretta bolt release lever
berretta 391 bolt closers
briley beretta bolt release
how to install briley bolt closer
how to install ez bolt release on a391