1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 closer ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have a Beretta 391 with an after mkt bolt closer I'm not mentioning the brand but is one of the 3--Briley, Devault & Angleport--they all work the same. The problem was the closer lever remained all the way down & would not spring back---the bolt would not latch & stay open---now the closer button is very close to being down & it takes almost no effort to close the bolt. Is there an internal spring that has worn out? or could the little roll pin be bent ? Can not see anything wrong.

Lou

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

First, remove the trigger assembly and see if the closure still remains weak. If so, remove the closure and check for something lodged in the mechanism, the return spring being broke/out of place or crud built up.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thanks-Tron (Joe)--took the closer lever off, sprayed everything with a good cleaner, the closer now works but the lever is no longer parallel to the receiver, it is much closer to the receiver.

Lou

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'd still remove the entire clusure mechanism to verify that there is nothing built up or a stuborn piece of crud lodged in there. If not,it sounds like something is bent (maybe someone dropped it on the closure?). Either the lever or it's base may have a problem....take a close look.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Closure levers have a tendancy to turn because the screw threaded into the button get's loose. I have to tightern mine every month or so. I think the two problems were unrelated.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Did a little more cleaning, used a fine pick, removed a small piece of crud---everything looks normal-thanks for the clues

Lou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 bolt closer