1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 closer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Backlash, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backlash

Backlash TS Member

I shoot a 391 and arthritis in my hands are making pressing the closer button almost impossible. Is there any system available to make this easier for someone with bad hands? It has to work with a shell catcher too!

2. setter

setter Member

The Carey Closer is a popular alternative. See above link.

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Just bought an T&S shellcatcher for my 391 that also has a closer. Gamaliel has them for like $14.00. works great. jm

4. cleboje

cleboje Member

Backlash

I also have the same problem as you...my solution was to have the Briley Speed Closer installed...it repalced the (hard to close) silver bolt release button with a sturdy, well engineered, extended lever which can be used with only pressure from the 'pinky finger'.

It may not be the cheapest, but I believe the Briley solution is one of the best on the market.

Give it a try...if you don't like it, you can always sell it as there are bunches of people who are looking to get their hands on one.

Let us know how you solve this problem.

Joe

5. cleboje

cleboje Member

Backlash

I also have the same problem as you...my solution was to have the Briley Speed Closer installed...it repalced the (hard to close) silver bolt release button with a sturdy, well engineered, extended lever which can be used with only pressure from the 'pinky finger'.

It may not be the cheapest, but I believe the Briley solution is one of the best on the market.

Give it a try...if you don't like it, you can always sell it as there are bunches of people who are looking to get their hands on one.

Let us know how you solve this problem.

Joe

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I will second the suggestion for the Angle Port closer. It is the best engineered and slickest one by far!

ec90t

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have two new ones for the 390 Super Trap.

If it fits yours, I'd sell it for $25 and postage.

Whiz White

8. WGB

WGB Member

I put a Briley on my wifes 391 because she had a tough time closing the bolt. It made her hate the 391. Now she loves it and likes to shoot it more than her OU.

9. Loyac

Loyac Member

BRILEY EZ Bolt Release. Have them installed on all three of my Beretta's. Works like a charm. See the above link. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.