1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 and GraCoil ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jerry chipman, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

I'm using a 7/8 oz. load for singles and I love the lack of recoil with my 391 but going to a 1 oz. load for the handicap gets me jumping at targets and I'm sure the 1 1/8 oz. would not be a pretty picture and my mental status doesn't allow me to really think 7/8's are going to be good at long yardage. My question is for those who have tried or are using a GraCoil or RAD with the 391. Short of trying it myself have you had good results with this combination. Does this setup cause problems when shooting doubles with regards to cycling? I have a custom stock from Dennis DeVault and it was a very good investment and yes it fits me very well. I'm just looking for less recoil on the old shoulder. Fourty years of shooting trap has made me a little jumpy. Thanks. Jerry

2. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I don't believe that a RAD unit will fit on a 391 stock due to the length of the recoil spring bolt. I had a 390 from DeVault, with a gracoil on it. The spring bolt had been cut off (about 3/8th inch). When I changed stocks, I had to replace the bolt mechanism to get a longer bolt that would fit the new stock.

The DeVault stock with the gracoil on it was the easiest shooting gun I think I have ever shot...next to my Soft Touch stock...which really is not much more expensive than the gracoil itself.

JON

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I install Gracoils on 391s quite regularly. They work well on this auto with no effect on cycling.

Ken Rucker

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I sent my 391 trap stock to Scott Hyde and he installed a terrific recoil absorbing devuce which also gave nm an adkustable comb. Best of all, the comb does not move with the gun so that the comb stays glued to the cheek when the gun fires. I cannot be any happier with it with no problem cycling 7/8 oz loads. jm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.