1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 391 advice wanted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dzeh, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzeh

dzeh Member

I've started to shoot my Teknys 20 gauge as my primary sporting gun due to some problems with my neck. MRI shows 3 herniated discs and I don't want to give up shooting so reducing recoil will hopefully help. I've put a weight in the stock and installed a Briley magazine weight on the fore end. Since I'll be shooting this often I was looking for any advice on any other upgrades/adjustments that could be done on this gun. I've heard of some places that fine tune these guns. One shooter told me a place does modifications that helps increase the number of rounds you can put through the gun before it needs a serious cleaning. Anybody know who does this stuff? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

In your situation, I would be sure that the gun has a good recoil pad and that the gun fits you well. That, and shooting light loads, is about all that you can do.

I know of no useful modifications that will make the gun go longer in between serious cleanings. If you don't like doing the "serious" cleanings very often, then shoot the gun wet with Breakfree CLP. The insides will get dirty, but it will keep on shooting as long as you keep it well lubricated with the CLP.

Easystreet

3. chris g

chris g TS Member

Best beretta guys for mods is Ballistic Specialties in Batesville, AR.
    www.angleport.com They worked on my kid's 20 ga and did a great job. Very reputable folks.

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

i too have neck problems and the best thing i did was to have Scott of HPI recoil systems install one on my 12 ga 391 and also switched to 7/8 oz loads. makes me feel i am shooting 410s. imagine what it can do for your 20 gauge. for what its worth. jm

5. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Put a G-square or soft touch stock on it,open up the forcing cones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.