1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 3901 trap rl

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winselect, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winselect

winselect TS Member

Im seriously considering buying one of these guns for my son. I cant find any other gun that looks like it even compares. Just wondering if anyone has any feed back on them. The LOP adjustment and adjustable comd should be great.
    Kevin

2. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

This is a great gun for a youth shooter. We have several kids on our trap team who have them. You will not be disappointed. Mark

3. winselect

winselect TS Member

Titan
    Do any of your smaller shooters have problem with the weight of the gun. This looks like the only good 12GA. for a youth to shoot.
    Kevin

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have three of the Beretta 3901 here at the Silver Dollar. 28 " barrel mobile choked, IC included. Other chokes available. $880.00
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Not to ruin your day. But I just ordered one for $795.00. I guess it goes back to the old saying. get what you can or who you can.

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

A good gun. It will cycle light 1 oz loads too.

Best gun for a young shooter IMHO. it will "grow" with them.

Don

7. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Goose2
    Where did you get it from? JSC has them for $795.00 plus $15.50 for shipping. That comes to $810.50. Add in 10% markup and it becomes $891.50 ??????
    Mike Battista

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You can get them from several places for $795. Try high grade shooters for one. where does the 10% markup come in. I didn't have to pay it.

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Love these guns. Our trap team had several this year and last year. I used one tonight and won a PONDO with some fast loads on a modified choke zipping through the 28" barrel. This little 3901 beat some high priced guns tonight and I will NOT give credit to the shooter. Our team (close to the Titans) had a fun shoot last Sunday (different post) and I loaned the 3901 to several young girls. Both girls who shot against their fathers shot their highest scores and beat their dads. Their dads shook their heads in amazement and told me that I just cost them a gun. I told them I don't get I commission since I don't sell guns,.... I just loan them out for trail (Beretta should loan me a demo gun, I could have sold 4 last weekend). I used some of the new PINK 7/8 Downrange wads with 8 shot and made ink balls from the 16, cycled just fine. Highest doubles trap and skeet (switch back to IC choke) scores with this same little gun. It also handled some back fence loads with no problems also. Email or call me directly if you have any questions. Beretta, where was this gun when I was young? LOL

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Great gun - I have two Super Traps and are built up for pheasant hunting. I beat the hell out of them with Nitro Mag shells.

The gun has never malfunctioned in the 6-8 years I've used them.

WW

11. omahasportingsupply

Put a link on a new thread asking if anyone has put a longer barrel on a 3901 if you have any experience.
    Thanks

12. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Did Beretta make changes on these vs. the 391's? I had 2 Urika's: parallel and trap, problems with both, failure to eject/cycle second shell (yes, I throughly clean my guns), cracked forearm wood, and mid-bead that was tapped too large for the threads. Beretta fixed both (although shipping costs to them cost me about $50.)I have gone back to my 1100's and as before, a few o'rings over the years and thats it.
    Anyone know of any changes to the 3901?

13. omahasportingsupply

jimx,<br>
    The 3901 RL is a downsized version of a cross between a 390 or 391. Pistol grip is smaller and LOP is 12.5" with either a 26" or 28" barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 3901 for skeet

beretta 3901 for trap
beretta 3901 shotgunr skeet
beretta 3901 skeet
beretta 3901 trap gun