1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 3901 RL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoot the hill, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoot the hill

shoot the hill TS Member

I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with the 3091 RL. It seems to be the only gun I can find with a LOP below 13 inches. Please let me know your thoughts on this gun Good or Bad.

Thanks

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Excellent gun and a great value. Basically just a 390 and all parts fit.

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

we have had 3 of those 3901 rl w/ adj.comb 28"-- it is the lowest recoil , best lil gun but i wud suggest buying a 391 rl 28" and having the stock cut off ( which cud be added back later). if this is for a very young petite shooter, then a 3901 is the ticket. if the person has any size at all, then a 391rl i think is a better long term buy!! i will say the 3901 w/ 1oz or even 7/8 lds is like shooting a 20ga !!!! i am not exactly crazy about the simple long wood screws that hold on the butt plate and spacers ,doesnt seem that solid?those screws are about 2 1/2"long!

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

We have had them in our youth trap program for 2 or 3 years. Shooters that have smaller hands, short arms, and petite builds, work well with this gun. Comb is adjustable and has a memory device to slow down the parents. Mobile chokes and almost NO mechanical issues. YMMV Omaha

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Bought one for my wife and she didn't like it. Nothing wrong with the gun; she just didn't shoot it well. We gave it to my sister-in-law(she is very petite}, and she LOVES it. Like Tron said, basically a 390. Good gun!

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

One thing in teir favor ( my opinion only) is that they still use the mobil chokes. My experience has been that the mobil chokes shoot better than the newer Optima chokes and are easy to find

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.