1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 390 Sporter NIB. Value? pics added

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybrdr, Sep 2, 2013.

1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Have a friend that will be listing a 28" barreled 390 Sporter for sale soon. It is of course unfired and even the box looks new. Comes with the factory choke tubes, etc. It is not the Gold version but the black receiver version.

Told him I thought a NIB would bring $1,100 but PM me if you feel differently or might be interested later. His name is Dennis.
    claybrdr_2008_030325.jpg

claybrdr_2008_030326.jpg

claybrdr_2008_030327.jpg

claybrdr_2008_030328.jpg

claybrdr_2008_030329.jpg

claybrdr_2008_030330.jpg

claybrdr_2008_030331.jpg

claybrdr_2008_030332.jpg

2. baseball19

baseball19 TS Member

Price will depend on a few things.
    1) barrel length ( 30in is the most desirable )
    2) is it a flat or stepped rib ( stepped is the most desirable )
    3) is it factory ported or non-ported ( hard to sale ported barrels )

With that being said I would be interest in taking a look at the gun.

Pm me back and I'll give you my e-mail and you can send me some pictures.

Thanks

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

30" guns bring more but the flat vs step and ported vs non ported is a moot point from all the ones I have bought and sold. That is not the case with o/u but with autos it makes zero difference with porting. Too bad it is not a gold gun.

4. claybrdr

Talked to Dennis and the 28" barrel has a step rib and is factory ported.

5. zoom

zoom TS Member

Sent you a PM

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Dunno....303, but, in my part of the world, step rib barrels are frowned upon with the sporting clays crowd....porting is also less desirable....matte barrel finish is also less desirable in any clays gun......and, of course, 30" barrels are the ONLY WAY to go with most sporting clays shooters in single barrel guns...I know, some buy 28" barrels and put Mullers on them, but quickly turn around and sell the barrel!

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

One of the best Berettas ever 28 in is just fine with the long receiver next to a o/u it will be longer with extended chokes will be almost 30 in with a long sighting plane with that receiver. Sporting guns need to shoot 50/50 or 60/40 at
    best. 28/30/32 is personal preference all work just fine too much is made of barrel lingth these days fit and balance plus pattern is way more important IMHO
    Buddy

8. claybrdr

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You hide bound lemings are are all down on porting these days( after you ported your 34" SBTs) but they are here to stay in sporting, skeet, bunker, flyers, and any other 2 shot game you can think of.
    Puting extended choke in a 28" bbl does not make it a 30"bbl. It's about sighting plane, not how far the shot travels down the bbl.
    Flat ribs more popular on sporting guns, long eye relief only useful with pre-mounted gun. ( I know,I know, you can pre-mount at english sporting these days)
    Real shooters (FITASC) gotta hold-em lower. Premounters wear pink lace undies.
    Bbl. length primary consideration is your physical stature, what can you handle? Nothing else matters!

Search tags for this page

baretta 390 sporter

beretta 390 3 sporter

beretta 390 value

sporter pics