1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Beretta 390 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SouthMetro Shooter, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Hi all,
    I have got a question for everybody on my Beretta because I am stumped. So this past year i purchased a Beretta A390 (not the Al390) from the guy who got me into shooting. It has the sport reciever with a 28inch sporting barrel and sporting wood. The part that has me stumped though is that the wood is a gloss finish not a matte finish. I have tried to figure out what model this would be but I am clueless. Any help would appreciated. I can possibly post pics if it would help with identifying the model.

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

matte finish can be buffed with "stock sheen" to come out glossy

3. SouthMetro Shooter

He got it first hand and never had any work done to it besides that he got the barrel ported, got weights for it and got 2 choke tubes for it. So the stock and forearm have their original finish.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Pics always help although I'm not sure what you expect to find out.

5. SouthMetro Shooter

Im hoping to see if someone can recognize it as a specific model. I know it is a Beretta A390 with the sport reciever and sport barrel but I am just hoping that there is a name for this setup. Since i have looked and have not seen a factory job like this.

6. rbk18

rbk18 Member

It's a sporting model.

7. SouthMetro Shooter

Okay, that is what I suspected. Thanks. I will still put pictures up sometime.

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have two 390's and one is plain matte finish and the other is bright shiny and absolutely georgous. They both say the same thing on the receiver. I think it was just an option. Jackie B.

9. SouthMetro Shooter

Yeah it is the shiny one. He used it for a while so its dinged up and all. But where your cheek goes, oh my that is gorgeous wood.

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The difference could be that one has field wood and one has sporting wood. The sporting wood has a tighter radius in the pistol grip area and a thicker comb area. The field wood is slimmer and more of an open grip area. With Beretta anything was a possibility before the 391's came out. The 303 and 390's came in many odd variations from time to time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.