1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 390 information

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Anthony12ga, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

I broke the connecting rod on a 390 Gold Sporting and before I order a new one, I wanted to know what other parts should I consider replacing at the same time? I don't know the round count, as I bought the gun used. I was also gonna replace the main spring.

Thanks for any info.
    Anthony

2. cleboje

cleboje Member

Replacing the recoil spring in the stock is good insurance...I do mine about every 10-15K.

Coles or Briley is a good source for the connecting rod.

You may want to check the hammer struts while you are at it...they can break, although my originals are still going strong.

Joe

3. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

Might want to consider the Timney connecting rod and hammer braces. The connecting rod might seem a little pricey compared to the OEM version, but IMHO it is better made.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Anthony,

Get another connecting rod from Cole's. While you are at it, get a recoil spring and replace it. Quite possibly, a weak recoil spring may be why your gun broke the connecting rod in the first place. You also might want to get a magazine spring. They cost only a few dollars and are very simple to replace.

One other thing to consider is getting the gas valve spring set (4 or 5 springs) from Cole's. This allows you to customize the gas valve spring strength for the load that you shoot. With the proper spring, you can ensure that your gun uses enough gas to reliably operate the gun without excessive forces which can shorten the life of critical parts of the gun.

Easystreet

5. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I agree with Easystreet. Installing a new recoil spring & using a gas valve spring matched to the shells you shoot along with a new connecting rod is a good idea. This can prevent the bolt from hitting the back of the receiver hard enough to break off the "tits", in which case you have to buy a new bolt for big bucks or have the old one weld repaired & ground to fit. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta al390 connecting rod broke