1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 390 assembly question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WJN, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WJN

WJN TS Member

I was checking the wife's 3901 due to a misfire on the range today. Shell had a very light dent on primer. This is a new gun and I didn't find any thing broken like a spring or the firing pin.

While disassembling, the pin that holds the long split rod at the back end of the bolt, fell out as did the split rod. When reassembling I realized I didn't know which side of the split rod faces down (toward trigger) and which side faces up. This is the rod that the back tip sits in the round cup back by the stock. One side looks cupped and one side more flat and it swing on the pin up and down.

I thought I would see if anyone could tell me which way this goes back in the gun. I figure it's a 50/50 deal but want to have it correct.

Couldn't find anything that would have explained the misfire.

Thanks! Jim

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Faces up

Phil Berkowitz

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Phil is right. It wont go together the wrong way anyways. If you get it wrong it wont slide

4. WJN

WJN TS Member

Got it - thanks for help guys!

Jim

5. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

I bought a new 391 Urika 2 last November and after about 500 rounds it started to mis-fire showing exactly the same signs as you describe. I tried different shells, even re-loads that people gave me, still mis-fired. I took the gun back to the dealer and it was repaired under warranty. The fault: the gas piston was just a 'hair' to tight. It was lapped and polished and has not given any problem since - almost a 1000 rounds later.

Ron in Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 390 wrong assembly