1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 303 trigger help needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hammer-time, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I've got a Beretta 303 magnum with trigger problems. The thing works fine for the first shot, but the second will not release the hammer. If I take a pliers and pull up on the hammer a little, the trigger will then release the hammer. Its getting caught or wedged by something but cannot see what. The thing works fine if you work the action by hand, but when you fire a shot, it forces the hammer down a little further causing the problem. I can duplicate it by pushing down on the hammer when the group is out of the gun but still can't see what is jamming it up. Any ideas?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

there can only be one of three things wrong. 1) new hammer spring needed 2) dirty, 3) something wrong with the carrier and most likely

3. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

It has a new hammer spring and is clean as clean gets! Would the carrier be ruined?

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

the carrier can cause problesmif it is bent or is not functioning properly. The best thing to do is swap triggers to see if it goes away. The bolt could have all or part of the lug missing also

5. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Nope, the bolt is prestine. This gun has only had about 500 round through it and I checked the bolt and bolt carrier closely. I was thinking of possibly being the trigger housing? Anyhow, I'm going to try changing that out today. I don't have another trigger that will fit on the magnum as it has a magazine cutoff lever and the normal trigger pin isn't supported on the bolt side if I try to use the other trigger.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

"I can duplicate it by pushing down on the hammer when the group is out of the gun but still can't see what is jamming it up."

I'd completely take it apart and look for broken or bent parts, springs. I'd look carefully at the safety catch that locks the hammer till pressure is released to fire the next shot.

Did it start this after you installed a new hammer spring? I'd check that again too.

Hap

7. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

It started prior to putting in the new hammer spring. I had an extra new one here so I tried that first. I actually took the safety out thinking that had solved it, but it didn't. When moving the hammer past where it locks on the trigger, you can feel it rubbing, but I can't see where the problem is.

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Are the hammer braces OK?? Not bent or a broken end?

9. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I have an extra set here that look exactly the same. I even tried putting them on to with the same results.Didn't get around to working on it last night. Hopefully today.

10. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

Are you talking about that annoying pin that holds the trigger in place in the trigger guard? IF so, it's there, just hard to keep in place while working on the trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

a 303 trigger pin issues