1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 303 Hammer Spring Installation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DHS, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHS

DHS Member

I purchased a hammer spring for my Beretta 303 based on a link from this forum. Just got around to opening the package and there are no instructions on how to install. Just what is the easiest way? I see that maybe the Hammer Spring Guide Pin can be removed and possibly the spring can be replaced from the rear. Or is it best to remove the hammer bushing which the hammer rotates on to remove the spring from the front. Any help is appreciated.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Release the hammer (control it with your thumb), take a flat punch (if you have one that is approx. the same diameter as the roll pin, that would be best, it will prevent the spring housing from flying out of trigger housing). Tap out roll pin, slowly remove punch and keep pressure on rear of spring housing. The housing will remove from the rear....very easy.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2802.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_2803.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. DHS

DHS Member

Thanks for the help. It was 5 minutes and done. I really appreciate your help. I took Tron's method and it was sure fast and easy.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

HEY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 303 hammer spring replacement