1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 302 vs 303

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

What's the difference between the 302 and 303, any meaningful improvements on the 303? Thank you for your comments.

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The 302 I had was a tad more ornate and had a magazine cut-off switch. Other than that, my 303 is the same gun with a different model number but shoots as good. Hap

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you Hap,

Sound like 302 has more feature and better decorated?

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

steve- the 300 series ( as i call them) 301-302-303 have interchangeable parts. poi's are the same/ model, yes the cutoff switch in the 302 was on the side , part of the trigger pin. not sure why they switched? 301 had a square bolt closer button. the first 303's came out with slim forearms like the 302 & older models. 303's eventually had a wider forearm and a cutoff switch on the bottom- but not all of them(?). scrolling on the reciever was dropped on the 303 but i see now has comeback on last years 391 models. i have a 301 listed on the forum and you will see how light the wood is . the 303's went to a redder/darker tone. most 302's were a light chocolate!? wally riebesell 660-744-4115

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

Wally whats the trick to trigger removal...??? I have both 302 and 303 and when I pull the trigger pin then try to lift out the trigger it jams up or seems to wedge itself in, carrier seems to keep it from going forward...what is exact procedure...??? any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chuck

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

to remove the trigger assembly, press the carrier release button at the same time after the pin has been removed. it pulls out from the front and then the back come out. install in reverse order. motordoc

7. acss

motordoc is right! one thing i also do is, on the shell lift carrier, there is on some a small button that lets the carrier drop down.(same lil button that keeps bolt open or lets a shell in from the mag tube) the drop makes easier clearance of the mag tube area as you pull forward on the trigger.

8. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

here is another idea for this gun. It is a pain to open the gun without shooting because you have to twink the little button or the gun will not stay open. I you remove that little button and spring, the gun them operates like an 1100 and stays open if you do not shoot. works great and still operates like a semiauto and does shoot 2 shells. I have changed mine many years ago and makes it a lot easier to use. Only drawback is you have to push the release button to put the second shell int he magazine. motordoc

9. acss

the 301's are that way-- no bottom button - you have to hold in the bolt closer button to put shells in the mag tube

10. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The AL-1 and AL-2 models were also the same basic model. Though, most parts on these five models are interchangable, be aware that interchanging of some of the connectors(piece between the bolt carrier and the main spring in the stock), bolt, and bolt carrier does not work. The angle of cuts in the bolt carrier and bolt lug are different on some models, plus the slot the hammer passes through in the connector can be of different length and may block the hammer from reaching the firing pin. Good guns, all.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 302

beretta 302 review

beretta 302 shotgun review
beretta 302 vs 303
beretta 303 review
beretta a302

beretta a302 review

beretta a302 reviews