1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta 301 magnum ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 338reddog, Jul 30, 2013.

1. 338reddog

338reddog Member

I have been offered a Beretta 30 12ga magnum. I would like to know how good of gun this is and if it should function with 2 3/4 trap loads. I did not find much on google

Jeff

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

same gun as the 302 & 303, great guns. It will probably function but some dont without a little work on the barrel ports. Not a big deal

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Depending on how old you are, will probably last your lifetime with moderate to heavy use. I have one that has close to 200,000 shells through it. You might break an occasional piece but same applies with all guns with heavy use.

Lou is correct re. gas ports, however it depends on the brand of shell and powder in them. All Federals will eject, some light AA's might not...but not fixable.

AL1 and AL2 were also the same gun with a little difference in receiver at wood butt end but most if not all parts interchange, including the wood.

Good luck, you will love it.

uncle miltie

4. Rob501

Rob501 Member

I have one and shoot it at trap. About the same as a 303 but with nice ingraving. Sometimes a little finicky with lite loads but never misses a beat with any 1 1/8 oz loads. Great gun. Rob

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They are not identical to the 303. The bolt closure is a totally different design and the trigger group does not have the magazine release button that the 303 has. Most other parts will interchange though.

Search tags for this page

baretta 301 magnum

opinion sobre la beretta am301 magnum