1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beretta $140,000 shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flashmax, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Had Varney and Company on in the background a while ago and looked up to see a pair of Beretta DT10's on the table and a Beretta rep speaking with varney. One of those Shotguns had a price of $140,000 and the other was slightly less $120,000. The Beretta guy said that they sell 60 or so a year and that those up to $300,000 are for shooting and those over that price are Museum/Safe pieces and are investments never shot. I grew up when $100 a week was pretty decent pay and have a hard time taking my pretty pretty $4,000 shotgun out and shooting it sometimes. I can't even imagine taking even a $20,000 shotgun out every week and shooting 500 targets with it but know there are a lot of them out there that do.

I must be out of touch too. $100 a plate dinners and $100 plus thousand dollar shotguns seem extreme to me.

Don T. Littleton CO

2. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Probably SO-10 series guns.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I think you're talking about SO-10.

4. flashmax

Might be. I was dazzled by how nice those Shotguns looked. I know there was a 10 on one and I think maybe an EELL on the other but both were explained on pricing as the number of hours the engravers had worked on the Shotguns.

Don T. Littleton CO

5. Avatar

Fools and their money are soon parted. A $100k gun that is too nice to be used is just plain wrong.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

$100 dinner is no biggy tho.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Don't watch pro sports much, do ya.

8. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

When I hear someone guy say that gun is too beautiful to use it. I respond by saying, is your wife or girlfriend ugly? Never saw a woman so drop dead gorgeous that no one would take her home or marry her! Have you?

Beautiful guns in the field or range are a real treat. I personally have never owned or built a gun too pretty to shoot. I would love to have a high grade Perazzi to hunt Doves or Pheasants with, that has gold dogs and birds on it. I would try to rent a red Ferrari for the trip. I'm only 6 or 7 numbers away on the Lottery from buying both!

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Kinda like buyin' a numbers matching muscle car for big $$'s and never burnin' the tires of it....not much point if yer not gonna enjoy it for the purpose it was built for....

Ron Burr

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Well maybe those that do buy it only for collector purposes DO enjoy it for that purpose. Who is anyone to tell someone else what to do with THEIR money. Sounds like A very LIBERAL type of comment to me.

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Most pole vaulters or softball players would thing that your $4000 shotgun is a ridiculous extravagance. As we know, part of spending a bunch of money on shotguns is that we know where to go to get most or all of our money back.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You guys have not been watching the NRA show "Guns and Gold." How about a 1863 44 Army with a history for $85,000. To name one of many they have shown. The history is what makes a gun really worth mega cash.

13. drgondog

drgondog Member

Guys - if you can afford it - do it...my kids will get a lot of pretty things but not much cash. I plan on spending my last nickel on two fingers of 18 yr Macallan (Like it better than 21 and 25) and fall over with a smile on my face.

BTW - Brown, Torculi and Fracassi are charging from $100K (base) for their engraving..

14. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I paid $160.00 for my 870TB that I still shoot today, and I eat from the dollar menu at Mcdonalds.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

15. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Titanium Fabbri anyone? Not to mention a 7 year wait............

16. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of an old joke,

Three buddy's taking a leak off a dock into a lake: First guy says wow the waters cold. Second guy says yeah and it's deep to, Third guy says yeah and it's got a muddy bottom .

When ya spend that kind of money on a shotgun it is about pure ego 99.5% of the time, nothing else, it's the dance of the big ****'s. Which is fine, it's their money, spend it like ya want to.

17. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

There must be some pics? Jeff

18. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

When I got done doing my two years US Army time in 1958, I went up to Moneymaker in Omaha to buy may first Trap Gun. After pricing them over, I ask him if they had any 'used' ones.

He kind of looked me over and ask just how money I had which I inform him, about $125.00. After spending a little bit time in the back room, he came out with most beautiful Remington 870 I've ever seem. He showed it me complete with how to field strip it and every thing.

He showed me where on the right side of the receiver where it marked 870 BT. Not to pay any attention to it. That was a 'put together' gun.

Yes sir, I had a custom trap gun. A put together gun by Mr. Moneymaker himself. That gun did not only serve me, it also served my son but also my Grandson and Granddaughter. The Granddaughter now shoot a second hand 1100. I always want a Browning Broadway Trap. Well this spring I came across one. The second time I got it out shoot, My Grandson was with me.
    That the last time I had my hands on it.

But I still got my hand on the 870.

19. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

I didn't any LIBERALS tell one tell anyone else what to do with THEIR money. I did hear what seemed to be some fairly CONSERVATIVE folks questioning the sanity of people who spend many thousands of dollars on do-dads they'll never use.

20. flashmax

Someone asked for pictures. The link takes you to a 3 1/2 minute video of the Shotguns and Beretta's Peter Horn talking about them.

Enjoy,

Don T. Littleton CO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.