1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

beratta "682" ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by setool, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setool

setool Member

Hey Guy's...

I just acquired a Beretta Sporting. I know pretty much nothing about, except on the bottom of the receiver is stamped "682"... nothing else. It's an O/U 12 guage, looks VERY NICE... wood, iron , etc... also has tubes (I've not taken them out yet). Can anyone tell me about this piece ???

Mark Schneider

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

beratta

If you don't know anything about it and end up with a 682, you are very lucky.

682 is one of the finest competition shotgun in the mid price range. It has won many Olympics and Int'l events.

Have fun with it.

3. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

beratta

Mac knows very little about Beretta 682s~!!!
    Mine has a "schnabel" forend. It has .733 bores, and weights 8.4 lbs.
    682'a are very good competetion shotguns!
    (682a have been made for a long time. They can have "mobil" chokes with .723 bores or Optima chokes that are ~.733 bores)

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

beratta

I have bought & sold numerous "682's" and believe they are one of the best "All around" shotguns there is.Browning's & Beretta's sure do NOT have to be sent off somewhere to have a "yearly" service ---You can do that yourself,all you do is clean & Lube!!!!! joe90t

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

beratta

Keep it and cherish it. Beretta has since come out with the Previa (cheapened, inferior version and jacked the price)....

Anyone who knows competition guns reveres the 682....incredibly reliable...a great value and Olympic Gold Medals have been won with them.....

6. parrothead

parrothead Member

beratta

Not to mention that sub gauge barrels are readily available, making the 682 extremely versatile.

7. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

beratta

The 682 was introduced to the US about 1984. I was working for Beretta at the time and took one of the first one's that came into the country for myself. Mine was a 682X. I still have that gun and have shot it over 350,000 rounds.

It still is very dependable, I've owned several other 680 series Beretta's and I rate it (them) the best over and under on the Market. I could have shot any gun Beretta made when I was with them, I have a 687 EELL that I've also shoot over 150,000 times, it is a basic 680 series but with fake side plates.

You will never be able to ware it out. Brad Dysinger

8. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

beratta

What most everybody has said. Good guns at 1/3rd the cost of K or P. My lightest has been about 8 lb. The heaviest about 8.75 lbs. Enjoy!

9. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

beratta

I have a 682 Gold E sporting that I purchased new about 6 years ago. Took in out of the case and ran 50 straight in sporting clays. (WOWeeee, this is some gun were my first thoughts) I have continued to shoot it well. I just this morning finished fitting an adjustable comb stock to it (I think too much of the sporting stock to have an adjustable comb put on it.) They are one beautiful, well thought out shotgun. I just wish I had bought one sooner. If you're like me, you're gonna love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beratta 682