1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BERATTA 303 & 390

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Loyac, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

Happened to be cleaning my 303 Trap and 390 Sport together and noticed very similar internal parts: Piston, barrel, bolt, trigger... Any of these interchangeable? Thanks. john

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Piston is longer in 303. I think most other parts interchange.
    Jimmy

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Some of the parts do and don't. Allow me to explain. The bolts will inter-change, but only if you change the bolt carrier and the connector with them(most times). In some cases you must change the trigger group, as well, or the gun won't fire because the slot in the connector is shorter and stops the hammer short of the firing pin. If you have the combination right, the bolt latches in the forward position, releases when retracted, and the hammer contacts the firing pin in battery, but won't when the bolt is released. That last part is a safety feature that allows the hammer to contact the firing pin when fully in battery, but blocks the hammer just before the bolt releases.

Buz

4. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

Some 303 barrels will shoot on a 390 . I have a 30" special trap barrel on an older hump back 390 it shoots fine

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

There are many different combos that will work between the 303 and 390. The bolts are the same. The pistons are not as the 303 is about 1/4" longer. The trigger groups will interchange but will not match up exact in fit. The 303 barrels will work on a 390 with some modification to the forearm iron. In doing that the 303 barrel lug does not have the four gas ports like a 390 and thus will create more felt recoil. The 303 barrels can have the four gas ports drilled in the lug and they work great after that on the 390's. I have two that are done that way. If using the 303 barrel on a 390 the 303 piston seems to work better for me. The 390 barrel will not work on a 303. The two guns are the best autos Beretta ever built in my and many others opinions.

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

gee brad, i think i'm gonna cry!!

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have shot a 390 barrel on a 303 just used a washer over the port holes and a rubber gromet to take up the 1/4 inch slack. I wanted the raised rib the 390 barrel had shot fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beratta303