1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beomat troubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

We have a Beomat trap thrower in one of our trap houses. It has begun to throw targets non stop. We have checked the following. Release button - ok, Microswitch has been replaced, Clutch has been adjusted per manual. The clutch does not seem to release. The machine just keeps throwing targets. The only thing I have not checked or replaced is the 24 Volt relay inside the control box. Does anybody here have any info they could share. I will share however that the clutch is set at .013 thsd and the manual says .008 to .012. We set it at 13 because our GMV manual says so, then realized that the beomat must be slightly different. According to my calculations however if it is set wider than specs it would not cock so I dont think that is the issue

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Golden West Industries
    750 Arroyo Ave
    San Fernando, CA 91340
    CA: (818) 365-3946
    All others: (800) 548-5444
    Fax: (818) 365-872

Ask for Chuck.....the guy is a wealth of information and I am sure will have an idea of what you need.

Rick in mt

3. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

The San Antonio Gun Club had a beomat trap machine and it was so bad that the rep they sent from Calif . could not keep it working. although this was about 8 years ago, maybe they have improved. They do make a really good Skeet Machine.

4. cubancigar2000

We have had this one for 9 years and this is the first problem

5. highrib

highrib Member

We have an older Beomat wobble machine that gave us this same problem. Adjusting
    the Microswitch to cut the power to the arm as early as possible cured our issue.
    Viewed from the back of the machine the switch and arm moved left to accomplish this. Factory rep said there were a couple of variations on the mounting and in one case the bracket may need to be modified.Hope this helps.
    Billy Wood

6. cubancigar2000

Billy, that s ounds like good advice. We did get it going today. After trying everything imaginable, we sprayed brake cleaner in the clutch and got it working. For now anyway??

7. Beomat AB Sweden

Beomat AB Sweden TS Member

For professional technical support please contact us at support@beomat.se and we will be able to help you with all technical issues.

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Cuban, That looks like your answer. Do they know it's April Fool's day here? LOL, that's the type of response you like to see. Good luck and shoot well.

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I used to carry the Beomats. Terrific machines.

I'd call Sten Niellsen in LA at Beomat America. He is easy to deal with, and, believe me, he knows this machine inside and out. He designed it himself over in Sweden.

I met him at the Shot Show several years ago and we spent quite a bit of time talking about the trap machines. His company has in Sweden sued GMV, I believe, for patent infringements, but as Sten says, "The wheels of justice move slowly in Sweden."

His number in Campbell CA is (408) 379-4829. The problem is that he is the only one working the company so an answering service is taking his calls. Leave your name an number and he will call you back. I used to have his cell number he gave me to use when I was "in the field" working on them.

I call will solve your problem if Sten is on the other end.

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beomat 660

trap thrower beomat